Groups
    EXPIRED

How to unlock/jailbreak iPhone 2G OS 3.1? Rep added for help

How to unlock/jailbreak iPhone 2G OS 3.1?
    Just got my iPhone 2G ordered of eBay and its running firmware 3.1, I think
    Any help on how to unock/jailbreak on WINDOWS?
    Thanks! rep added for help

14 Comments

Original Poster

Running FW 3.1 7C144 - does this mean its jailbroken?
    No cydia though...

no it aint jailbroken m8 you need to still do it

These are the boys!

]http//bl…rg/

If you have a MAC you can use pwnage tool to break 3.1. This link may help, I know it is out, but not the resource for it

blog.iphone-dev.org/pos…fun

No break out for PC yet, but keep an eye on cydia + redsn0w

Original Poster

is that ok?

if iphone is running on 3.1 it can be jail broken in a number of ways, but you may struggle to unlock to use any sim if your modem firmware (baseband) is 05.11.07 which at the moment cannot be unlocked via any method I think. Upgrading to 3.1 also updated the baseband

bilalbilal;6497581

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzgkS01_4s&feature=channel_page

ye m8:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Snoop7;6498454

if iphone is running on 3.1 it can be jail broken in a number of ways, … if iphone is running on 3.1 it can be jail broken in a number of ways, but you may struggle to unlock to use any sim if your modem firmware (baseband) is 05.11.07 which at the moment cannot be unlocked via any method I think. Upgrading to 3.1 also updated the baseband

Thanks for that but modem firmware is 04.05.04_g - can it be unlocked/jailbroken, right?

As Long as it is not 05.11.07 which is the latest baseband firmware. When you jailbreak it download fuzzyband from cydia it will tell you if you can unlock it. There is alot of information and youtube clips on the net best to research it first.

Snoop7;6498454

if iphone is running on 3.1 it can be jail broken in a number of ways, … if iphone is running on 3.1 it can be jail broken in a number of ways, but you may struggle to unlock to use any sim if your modem firmware (baseband) is 05.11.07 which at the moment cannot be unlocked via any method I think. Upgrading to 3.1 also updated the baseband

Can this be downgraded again ? I tried with redsnow for ages last night but no luck at the end process....

maxmix

Hard drive log on iphone bit, kept freezing there and tried on 3 pc's lol

what you can do is downgrade the software to 3.0. Download the firmware 3.0 which is available on most places on the net. Then jailbreak it which I think will be easier then to jailbreak it on 3.1 but this wont downgrade the baseband.

You can uses redsnow on 3.0 I am sure of that. not so sure about 3.1

mod

closed at op request

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Jury service1721
    2. Getting Student Beams account without being a student11
    3. connect tablet27
    4. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67

See more discussions