how to unvoid ps4 warranty help!!

Posted 26th Nov
I opened my ps4 months back to clean the inside dusk thus taking off the warranty stickers ( silly me). Now with that done I can’t trade in my ps4 as the game says my warranty is voided. Can anyone help me or tell me a way to get my warranty back.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

25 Comments
You cant unfortunately 😬
deals6926/11/2019 21:03

You cant unfortunately 😬

That’s sad, is there any way i can sell my ps4? I want to get pro
JawadAli26/11/2019 21:03

That’s sad, is there any way i can sell my ps4? I want to get pro

Ahh ok. Maybe privately like facebook marketplace or gumtree. Maybe try cex
Google "PS4 warranty stickers"
BaronVonDouche26/11/2019 21:13

I saw those but do they really work? Isn’t that any every ps4 has a unique number on the sticker or something?
JawadAli26/11/2019 21:14

I saw those but do they really work? Isn’t that any every ps4 has a unique …I saw those but do they really work? Isn’t that any every ps4 has a unique number on the sticker or something?

Check your sticker and see if theres a unique number on it
deals6926/11/2019 21:15

Check your sticker and see if theres a unique number on it

I really cannot because I don’t have them right now I’ll ask about them from someone else
Wait a second, how old is your PS4? It's true that removing the stickers voids the warranty but if your console is out of warranty anyway then in theory it shouldn't be a problem. Is it just that GAME won't take a console with these stickers removed full stop? I wonder what the CEX policy is about taking in consoles without these stickers that are already out of warranty.
Haircut_10026/11/2019 21:37

Wait a second, how old is your PS4? It's true that removing the stickers …Wait a second, how old is your PS4? It's true that removing the stickers voids the warranty but if your console is out of warranty anyway then in theory it shouldn't be a problem. Is it just that GAME won't take a console with these stickers removed full stop? I wonder what the CEX policy is about taking in consoles without these stickers that are already out of warranty.

They don't refuse them because they have no warranty, they refuse then because they have been modified without formal authorisation.

Wait a second, how old is your PS4? It's true that removing the stickers …Wait a second, how old is your PS4? It's true that removing the stickers voids the warranty but if your console is out of warranty anyway then in theory it shouldn't be a problem. Is it just that GAME won't take a console with these stickers removed full stop? I wonder what the CEX policy is about taking in consoles without these stickers that are already out of warranty.

CeX won’t take them either. For them to offer a warranty they need to know the item hasn’t been tampered with.
This is an interesting read as I never considered it before. I have taken apart many consoles and given them a new lease of life with a good clean out and new thermal paste and never considered them not being accepted due to being improved I usually find you get more on Ebay than trade-in anyway.
Like the others said, sell it yourself on gumtree or on shpock which is really good that I use to sell my stuff.
rover.ebay.com/rov…620

PS4 warranty stickers on ebay

Will this help?
Edited by: "L_K123" 26th Nov

It’s a fat white model. Yes obviously there’s no official warranty because it is years old. They told me that they don’t know for what reason I opened the ps4. I told them that i just opened it to clean but they refused
MadeDixonsCry26/11/2019 21:44

They don't refuse them because they have no warranty, they refuse then …They don't refuse them because they have no warranty, they refuse then because they have been modified without formal authorisation.

Yeah that’s right
L_K12326/11/2019 22:31

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183894725620PS4 warranty stickers on ebay Will this help?

Yea i found these aswell but no idea if they can work or not
JawadAli26/11/2019 22:56

Yea i found these aswell but no idea if they can work or not

Worth trying. Game and CEx will only give it a visual check and if stickers are intact they may pass it
OK I can help you but you must listen to these instructions carefully and be warned that you can cause a temporal distortion, so Its important that you do not have sex with anyone that has a close resemblance to a younger version of your mother!

Now..

Step one..

You need to purchase a vehicle that is good conductor, something with a brushed stainless steel body, perhaps even gulwing doors

Next, hang a clock in your bathroom use your toilet to get better reach, the following consequences of this should enable you to invent a device that will enable you to connect it to your car to make the most important step and that is while using that device drive the vehicle at 88MPH! this is important.. You may need to get some plutonium to power the device, Ill PM the number for some Libyans I know.

Then simply have one hell of a adventure, remember stay away from your horny mother and leave a letter for your future self to not remove the warranty stickers, and prepare for a life with Parkinson's..
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 27th Nov
BaronVonDouche26/11/2019 21:13

that’s hilarious. Can’t believe how cheap & simple it is to overcome this issue.
This time of year you'll sell your console no problem at all. I sold a PS4 Pro last week for £200, I just wrote £200 no offer and got about 10 people wanting it straight away.
I know yours is a white older version, as long as its boxed you should get a good amount for it!
Oh and in future just pop the lid, piece of cake to do, you just literally lift the top of the PS4s lid and it pops off, then hover the fan if needs be.
Edited by: "Toon_army" 27th Nov
Zero.Chill27/11/2019 01:41

that’s hilarious. Can’t believe how cheap & simple it is … that’s hilarious. Can’t believe how cheap & simple it is to overcome this issue.

I expect game and cex scan the serial numbers so will know these are fake as they will all have the same number
Didn’t the void if removed give you an indication not to remove?...
Zero.Chill27/11/2019 01:41

that’s hilarious. Can’t believe how cheap & simple it is … that’s hilarious. Can’t believe how cheap & simple it is to overcome this issue.

Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here. Can I interest you in a £5 football kit?
chocci27/11/2019 04:41

I expect game and cex scan the serial numbers so will know these are fake …I expect game and cex scan the serial numbers so will know these are fake as they will all have the same number

I think you give them a little too much credit.
Why don't you trade it into Cex?. They do their own tests, if it passes then they'll accept it. You can try your local cash converters, ask them to match/better whatever Game offered.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 27th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants