Groups

How to view your broken laptop screen Via TV?

Can anyone help me please?

I broke my laptop - the screen is black... but the computer side is fine.

I want to sell it faulty - but of course want to access it to take stuff off etc...

Is there a lead I can buy to view my laptop (I assume the output view will be OK) ON my TV?

Thanks!!

6 Comments

Banned

depends what connections you have on your laptop/tv but usually something like a vga to phono search on ebay will bring up what you need

your best bet is taking the hard drive out and whacking it in a desktop to transfer your files.

Banned

easiest method if you want to use the laptop depending whether your tv and laptop has a suitable connection is using a HDMI cable. if you have a HD tv you'll probably have one you can use already. or as suggested take out your HD and put it in another laptop/desktop to transfer files

play.com/PC/…b=0

It'll use your tv as a monitor for your laptop, VGA doesn't send sound though, but I assume your laptop speakers still work... I did the same thing a while back, quality of the picture depends on the price of the cable too, worth noting if it's going to be a long-term thing. Goodluck

Are you posting from/have access to a desktop pc? Can you not just plug the monitor out of the desktop straight into the laptop?

Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

jtx - From a new iMac thingy
    Can hardly work it, don't even know how to save images!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?712
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1721
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions