How to wall mount a TV without screws/drilling?

Found 16th Feb
Live in a rented apartment so I'm not able to drill or screw anything into the walls. The shape of the bedroom only allows me to have a TV in there, if it's on the wall.

Are there any suggestions on how to wall mount a TV? (It's only a small 32" tv) Without drilling or putting any holes into the wall?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskElectronics
Top comments
deleted800342
Blu tack
This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...
33273773-WQufm.jpgLooks the part, too!
30 Comments
deleted800342
Blu tack
No. Fill and paint the holes when you leave.
termite47 s ago

No. Fill and paint the holes when you leave.

The landlord can come and check the property with a few days notice so that's not an option really.
Unless the wall you are mounting on is less than 2 metres you are screwed. If it is have a look at the pressure mounted shower curtain rails. A 32" TV won't weigh a lot and it may not look pretty but it is a solution.
deleted800342
gsj874 m ago

Very original.

It is, and better than white tack.
gsj875 m ago

The landlord can come and check the property with a few days notice so …The landlord can come and check the property with a few days notice so that's not an option really.

I don't think the landlord will mind if you ask nicely.
This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...
33273773-WQufm.jpgLooks the part, too!
There are pole mounts for TV's. Don't know the cost or availability but google is your friend. They are a bit like the sort " pole dancing " ladies use, some have to be screwed into place but others are held in place much like a scaffold pole with the adjustable acrow.
Do you have any picture of the room to help advise?
Spango36 m ago

This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...[Image] …This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...[Image] Looks the part, too!

LOL
You could buy a cheap table small or you may have One? You could prop it next to the wall and buy a monitor arm it can mount a tv normally up to the size of 32 inch and you just clamp it onto the desk or table or whatever, no drilling or anything
you could buy one of these Wallpaper TV
Does it say anything about holes in the ceiling?, if not find the wooden support beams, fit hooks and hang the TV using steel wire.
Could you not make some sort of wooden floor standing uprights out of cls carcass relatively cheap in b and q and screw your tv to this 33274436-0ajJq.jpgExcuse the crude drawing but it might help to explain my point
Edited by: "ding" 16th Feb
A taller wooden version of these 33274528-qwrAc.jpg
Spango2 h, 5 m ago

This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...[Image] …This seems to meet your requirements (no drilling, no holes) ...[Image] Looks the part, too!

Bloody brilliant
Floor standing ? Put it behind a chest if draws ...
33274602-8R291.jpg
Bradleigh1 h, 14 m ago

Floor standing ? Put it behind a chest if draws ...[Image]

Yea right, like thats going work after a few Beers.
ding2 h, 43 m ago

Could you not make some sort of wooden floor standing uprights out of cls …Could you not make some sort of wooden floor standing uprights out of cls carcass relatively cheap in b and q and screw your tv to this [Image] Excuse the crude drawing but it might help to explain my point

This is good.
What about this?..... and seasonal as well!
33275432-isWsQ.jpg
What about a painters easel? That has a clamp top and bottom.
barriey1 h, 33 m ago

What about this?..... and seasonal as well! [Image]

Oh Boy
Edited by: "summerof76" 16th Feb
Sky hooks are what you need
Screw the TV to an old table top and lean it against the wall. You can run the cables through the table and down the back. Would look pretty good if you could get the right wood.
Why not ask the landlord if you can install one and either leave the bracket behind when you leave or promise to make good.
zirk19 h, 7 m ago

Yea right, like thats going work after a few Beers.

It screws to the floor which is less noticeable
If after a few beers your unable to walk , I'd suggest sticking to Shandy's or screwing your feet to the floor
Sky hooks...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions