Groups
    EXPIRED

How to wash security tag ink dye on my jacket

No.... i didn't steal it if you are wondering.

I brought this fab jacket from TKMaxx last weekend however I have spotted couple of pink dye marks. I am keen to keep as it was the last on sale.

Is it possible for me to wash it off? Surely there must be something i can use.

Any suggestion would be great.

38 Comments

How do you know it is security tag ink?

Original Poster

CFC_Mark;8052057

How do you know it is security tag ink?

coz the price tag has some pink marks so I am assuming it coming from a leaking security tag.

is the whole point for it not to wash off??

dunno what to suggest except for vannish but even then that won't get rid of it i'd imagine...

Usually stores put a pink/red dot on the tag inside the clothes to tell them its been sold on sale in the event of a refund being sought.

Are they on outside on the fabric or inside on the washing label tab area?

geegee-pinata;8052099

That's what I thought

Original Poster

CFC_Mark;8052130

That's what I thought

to be honest, i hope you are wrong :-(

Original Poster

beamo;8052116

dunno what to suggest except for vannish but even then that won't get rid … dunno what to suggest except for vannish but even then that won't get rid of it i'd imagine...Are they on outside on the fabric or inside on the washing label tab area?

It is outside on the fabric however it is not too visible. It would be great to clear it up.

I think you cant get it off mate.

You sure its security tag dye or maybe a marker pen they used when reducing stuff?

Take it back into Tkmaxx explain the situation to manager and say can you get it dry cleaned but return it if it doesnt come off

Original Poster

Starr;8052237

I think you cant get it off mate.You sure its security tag dye or maybe a … I think you cant get it off mate.You sure its security tag dye or maybe a marker pen they used when reducing stuff?Take it back into Tkmaxx explain the situation to manager and say can you get it dry cleaned but return it if it doesnt come off

I have spoken to the manager, they are given me a chance to wash it off or something and if that fail, then i can take it back.

Banned

The OP clearly did steal it - the explanation is so poor. Suggest this is locked and information recorded

vibeone;8052338

The OP clearly did steal it - the explanation is so poor. Suggest this is … The OP clearly did steal it - the explanation is so poor. Suggest this is locked and information recorded

That is also what I was thinking.

You never know though, could be telling the truth

Original Poster

For xxxx sake, did you not read my main description. I have mentioned that it was on sale and the last one but I like the jacket a lot.

TkMaxx is willing to refund it but i would rather find a solution to clear some pink marks first. If that fails, then I will keep it as it is not bad as i think.

Please stop debating and provide me a suggestion. Sigh

I got few ideas I could try:

1) Toothpaste
    2) Soda Cream
    3) Heavy washing
    4) Dry cleaning?

Any more?

inb4 someone requests a pic of dye damage :whistling:

Banned

ziggyboy;8052444

For xxxx sake, did you not read my main description. I have mentioned … For xxxx sake, did you not read my main description. I have mentioned that it was on sale and the last one but I like the jacket a lot.TkMaxx is willing to refund it but i would rather find a solution to clear some pink marks first. If that fails, then I will keep it as it is not bad as i think.Please stop debating and provide me a suggestion. SighI got few ideas I could try:1) Toothpaste2) Soda Cream3) Heavy washing4) Dry cleaning?Any more?

Got a reduced jumper that had pink dye on it, it's tiny so bought it anyway. Been through the wash 100's of times still hasn't come out.

Banned

Starr;8052492

inb4 someone requests a pic of dye damage :whistling:

inb4 CCTV footage of ziggy legging it out the store.

working for tk maxx, i can confirm these can be sold and believe the op did not steal it, also it is my understanding that the idea of the dye is that it cannot be washed out

leave ziggy alone

Original Poster

jonesytheblade;8052523

working for tk maxx, i can confirm these can be sold and believe the op … working for tk maxx, i can confirm these can be sold and believe the op did not steal it, also it is my understanding that the idea of the dye is that it cannot be washed out

Thank for your sensible advice. In that case, I will not bother to waste time to get rid of it. Prob just keep it.

Banned

Starr;8052541

[IMG][/IMG]

Epic fail

Original Poster

Starr;8052541

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgJ3neJL7wY"]This you Ziggy?[/URL]

Now I can understand your 5793 posts are full of *****. Get a life!

guv;8052581

Epic fail

I know :oops:

ziggyboy;8052589

Now I can understand your 5793 posts are full of *****. Get a life!

:w00t:

Starr;8052237

I think you cant get it off mate.You sure its security tag dye or maybe a … I think you cant get it off mate.You sure its security tag dye or maybe a marker pen they used when reducing stuff?Take it back into Tkmaxx explain the situation to manager and say can you get it dry cleaned but return it if it doesnt come off

Was that a *****post too?

ziggyboy;8052589

Now I can understand your 5793 posts are full of sh*te. Get a life!

Now now lets not start insulting people just because you have been rumbled. But seriously, stealing from TK Maxx? Cmon dude

Banned

CFC_Mark;8052619

Now now lets not start insulting people just because you have been … Now now lets not start insulting people just because you have been rumbled. But seriously, stealing from TK Maxx? Cmon dude

Primark nexT!!

nothing will work if it is the dye on certain tags within TK. after an accident while taggin i know it won't come out

as another worker for TK in the store i work in we don't tend to sell any items with dye damage unless its offered reduced and non refundable hence your own risk if you buy it. different horses for courses tho.

Homebase sell this white sponge stuff that removes ink, its in the cleaning aisle.

Original Poster

nitelighter;8053450

nothing will work if it is the dye on certain tags within TK. after an … nothing will work if it is the dye on certain tags within TK. after an accident while taggin i know it won't come out :(as another worker for TK in the store i work in we don't tend to sell any items with dye damage unless its offered reduced and non refundable hence your own risk if you buy it. different horses for courses tho.

Ok thanks for the info. The manager didn't have a clue about the dye so he asked me to wash it off if i can. If not i can take it back. I guess I will just keep the jacket as there are tiny pink marks around and I can cope with that.

Original Poster

generaloneill;8053490

Homebase sell this white sponge stuff that removes ink, its in the … Homebase sell this white sponge stuff that removes ink, its in the cleaning aisle.

I am assuming that you have tried it?

generaloneill;8053490

Homebase sell this white sponge stuff that removes ink, its in the … Homebase sell this white sponge stuff that removes ink, its in the cleaning aisle.

Ooo any idea on a name mate?? could save my work trousers getting dyed with that crap stuff thats all over the place and patchy :whistling:

ziggyboy;8053560

I am assuming that you have tried it?

pen burst in my pocket, lol.

phone, clothes, leg, weve all done it.

edit doktor power was the name of it.

you could try WD40. Spray it till its wet then use kitchen towel to blot up the dye. Did it on a shirt pocket when I put a black marker in there without the top on. Took a couple of nights but got it out

geegee-pinata;8052099

CFC_Mark;8052130

That's what I thought

Thats what I thought too!

nitelighter;8053450

nothing will work if it is the dye on certain tags within TK. after an … nothing will work if it is the dye on certain tags within TK. after an accident while taggin i know it won't come out :(as another worker for TK in the store i work in we don't tend to sell any items with dye damage unless its offered reduced and non refundable hence your own risk if you buy it. different horses for courses tho.

Also learnt this the same way as you, the joys of working for TK

Original Poster

generaloneill;8053679

pen burst in my pocket, lol.phone, clothes, leg, weve all done it.edit … pen burst in my pocket, lol.phone, clothes, leg, weve all done it.edit doktor power was the name of it.

I will give doktor power a go. :-)

dcx_badass;8053687

You gonna fix the first link?

Na gonna leave it as it is :thumbsup:

I failed twice trying to post that and ill prob fail again

Starr;8053879

Na gonna leave it as it is :thumbsup:I failed twice trying to post that … Na gonna leave it as it is :thumbsup:I failed twice trying to post that and ill prob fail again

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/kyang/never-give-up-frog.jpg

hes West Ham, hes a quitter :thumbsup:

jonesytheblade;8053862

Also learnt this the same way as you, the joys of working for TK

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119
      3. Going in style uv code give away33
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891717

See more discussions