Groups

How to watch blurays on Windows vista laptop?

I've put the bluray in and when i click to watch dvd, i get "no programme is installed to watch bluray"
    Can anyone tell me what i should download to get this working?

Thanks

7 Comments

power dvd, windvd, nero showtime any of those

Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3 Platinum is prob the best on the market.

Original Poster

i should of said, best free one?

Nick_;6746740

i should of said, best free one?

Not many options, possibly VLC?

Windows 7 has native support as far as I know.

MBeeching;6746826

Not many options, possibly VLC?Windows 7 has native support as far as I … Not many options, possibly VLC?Windows 7 has native support as far as I know.

VLC doens't work for blu-ray and Windows 7 DOESN'T have it native unfortunately.

I've done my research a few weeks ago and there's no free blu-ray player software yet. The price of the licenses that allow a program to play blu-ray is so much at the minute that there's only a handful that do it and they all need paid for. Should be some free ones in the next year or so hopefully.

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 9. Works great but isn't free.....at least not legally.

whatsThePoint;6747340

Most drives come with software to play bluray, what drive have you got?

unfortunately, most drives come with reduced functionality software. For example, it may play the blu-rays but there won't be HD sound and only in stereo.

hypnoticstate;6747192

VLC doens't work for blu-ray and Windows 7 DOESN'T have it native … VLC doens't work for blu-ray and Windows 7 DOESN'T have it native unfortunately.

Win 7 has native avchd support, which is what makes up a bluray disc. So you wont get any of the features, but you can still watch the movie.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions