How to watch films from my Amazon Prime on PC, on my TV instead?

Found 26th Nov 2017
Hello, I have now got Amazon Prime Video but my PC monitor is not that large. I would like to watch the films on my 32" TV screen instead, but do not know how I would go about this. At the moment I have a Sky+HD box set up with my TV and there is one HDMI slot on my TV. Can somebody advise me what lead(s) I would need to buy to connect my TV to my PC so that I could then watch films on my TV please? Would the Sky box need to be disconnected from my TV for me to do this? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Only 1 hdmi? Is there not another one on the side. If not you will need a hdmi splitter.

To connect your pc, if the graphics card on your pc has more than one connectors, of which one is hdmi, you can just run a hdmi lead to the telly. Then to push the picture to the telly, press the windows key and P together, a menu will appear that lets you switch outputs.

Edit.. there's probably easier ways via firesticks or chromecast devices. But not sure on those.
Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 26th Nov 2017
You need a HDMI splitter, get something like this click. My advice would get the HDMI splitter (because your TV needs one) + an amazon fire stick click. Buy via quidco click for £2.50 off and get 8 x nectar points (200 points =£1) click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 26th Nov 2017
if it's a smart tv then it will have the amazon app on it, else you could get a fire stick, or if you have an xbox 360 or one it has the app
Hdmi or dvi cable from laptop to tv
Get a firestick, its brilliant. It doesnt consume much electricity and theres no fan! It just simply works!
Oh yeh you need a splitter or hdmi selector if you have only 1 hdmi which is already being used.
Buy the fire stick £25 today, just take out the hdmi out every time you need to.

The fire tv stick can connect from the plug socket or if your tv has usb port then thats fine.
Its lovely, buy it.
Original Poster
Misslovely49 m ago

Buy the fire stick £25 today, just take out the hdmi out every time you …Buy the fire stick £25 today, just take out the hdmi out every time you need to. The fire tv stick can connect from the plug socket or if your tv has usb port then thats fine. Its lovely, buy it.

Am I right in thinking that you can't watch current (ie, tonight's episode of Coronation Street) tv programmes when using a Fire stick? Is it just for previous episodes? I currently have a Sky+HD box, so if I get a Fire stick, it wouldn't have all of the channels that I currently have is that correct? Sorry, a bit confused of what exactly you get on a Fire stick - I've seen that it says Netflix and Amazon Prime, but don't you have to pay extra for these anyway? What exactly would be free to view on a Fire stick (any current tv listings)? Thank you.
You already have Amazon Video so get a Firestick, a HDMI switch and use both Sky and the Firestick. A lot of Prime content is inclusive but not all .
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 27th Nov 2017
The amazon fire stick has all the FREE catch up TV i.e All 4, ITV Hub, My5, BBC iPlayer as standard, to go with your prime video.
Sophiasky23 h, 28 m ago

Am I right in thinking that you can't watch current (ie, tonight's episode …Am I right in thinking that you can't watch current (ie, tonight's episode of Coronation Street) tv programmes when using a Fire stick? Is it just for previous episodes? I currently have a Sky+HD box, so if I get a Fire stick, it wouldn't have all of the channels that I currently have is that correct? Sorry, a bit confused of what exactly you get on a Fire stick - I've seen that it says Netflix and Amazon Prime, but don't you have to pay extra for these anyway? What exactly would be free to view on a Fire stick (any current tv listings)? Thank you.

There are live TV apps on the stick. I think you can also add Kodi but might be wrong on that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants