How to watch video from a Laptop on a CRT TV? ALL Possibilites

Found 1st Feb 2010
The tv has 3 RCA ports and an s-video port whilst the laptop is a dell studio 17 with a vga and a hdmi port

There main cable i've tried to use is vga to s-video however i have never managed to make it work. This cable is a cheap one from ebay, so i'm guessing thats the problem. Has anyone found a working solution, as i've looked on countless forums and haven't managed to find the right cable yet...

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

Unfortunately your laptop outputs totally different signals to your tv so you will need a convertor box ,
sourcingmap.com/por…GBP

RCA is just the connector type, it's used for both Composite (one video and two audio) and Component (three video) formats so you'll need to identify which they're for first.

Basically you've got two options:

1. A converter box that converts one of the laptop formats to one of the TV's formats. A mere cable won't translate whatever connectors someone's put on it.

2. A new graphics card. For a laptop you're probably looking at a USB one. I'm not even sure you could find a USB video card/adapter with S-video or Composite/Component output, VGA/DVI/HDMI are usual and they won't do you any good.

In both cases you'll have to make sure they're going the right way as many devices of both sorts will only translate one way.

Banned

you need a scan converter. it's like £12 on deal extreme

bykergrove;7720903

you need a scan converter. it's like £12 on deal extreme

£21 ,,,,,dealextreme.com/det…789

i use a vga cable, in also use a male to male sound jack{i think} and works fine,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7720974

£21 ,,,,,http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28789

ok thanks!! is this the cheaper solution then, is this product similar to the first one..its just that dealextreme take ages to deliver.

ConverXtodvd then burn it to a DVD-RW and play it on DVD player.:thumbsup:

Banned

item number for ebay

dcx_badass;7721732

Be fantastic if you actually read the thread, a crt TV is extremely … Be fantastic if you actually read the thread, a crt TV is extremely unlikely (95%) to have VGA.

A CRT TV is, technically a CRT isn't as most CRT monitors used VGA.

Banned

EndlessWaves;7723471

A CRT TV is, technically a CRT isn't as most CRT monitors used VGA.

dcx_badass;7723555

Thread titleHow to watch video from a Laptop on a CRT … Thread titleHow to watch video from a Laptop on a CRT [SIZE="5"]TV[/SIZE]? ALL Possibilites

actually you numptys

it was in the first line of the op

The tv has 3 RCA ports and an s-video port whilst the laptop is a dell studio 17 with a vga and a hdmi port
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is loveeur legit? Fantastic prices for scooters33
    2. Outdoor laser projector22
    3. 12v car heater recommendations please22
    4. Forza 7 ps433

See more discussions