How to workaround amazons £20 minimum spend?

Hi, I want to buy a cd from amazon, but cant get free delivery because I didn't spend £20. Are they any ways to get around this as a 1 off?

19 Comments

Don't know if it's still the case but you used to be able to include something on pre-order, wait until your item is dispatched, then cancel the pre-ordered item.

The way I do it mate, is sort items sold by AMAZON with the £20 free shipping and then select the items to the value of £20 and sorted!

Join Prime.

Original Poster

robertr

Join Prime.

I don't use amazon that much to justify the spend. I don't want to spend £50+ to get a cd for £3!!

The dishonest way is to order extra items and complain they are damaged and return the damaged items.

Please do not do it!
Edited by: "Common.Sense" 11th Apr

Original Poster

Common.Sense

The dishonest way is to order extra items and complain they are damaged … The dishonest way is to order extra items and complain they are damaged and return the damaged items.

Thanks, I may have to do this unless someone can confirm the pre-order "trick" still works. It's a bit unethical, but I am sure Amazon won't mind given their antics.

new email address - prime trial.

cancel right away, rinse and repeat, been doing this for coming on 4 years now.

Hi pre order works but I always buy something cheap from amazon wherehouse so you will get the order quickly

Use this site ... it searches for items based on how much more you need in order to hit £20
fillerchecker.co.uk/

Think you can order items under the £20 limit if you have the amazon echo and use that to place the order

BigTimeDealer

I don't use amazon that much to justify the spend. I don't want to spend … I don't use amazon that much to justify the spend. I don't want to spend £50+ to get a cd for £3!!

That's what free trials are for...i'm on my 10th free trial atm lol

benjammin316

new email address - prime trial.cancel right away, rinse and repeat, been … new email address - prime trial.cancel right away, rinse and repeat, been doing this for coming on 4 years now.

Yup. This.

benjammin316

new email address - prime trial.cancel right away, rinse and repeat, been … new email address - prime trial.cancel right away, rinse and repeat, been doing this for coming on 4 years now.

JUSTANOTHERSTAR

Does it IIRC work with putting a . or other symbol in your email … Does it IIRC work with putting a . or other symbol in your email work?That's what free trials are for...i'm on my 10th free trial atm lol

miikeyblue

Yup. This.

Just put things in your basket that are supplied by Amazon. It doesn't matter if they're pre-order items. Take it to over £20 then checkout. Immediately cancel the items you don't want and they'll still despatch the items you do want with the free delivery. Works every time.

benjammin316

​Can you keep using the same debit card on each new account?

LizzyUK

​Can you keep using the same debit card on each new account?

Yeah, never had a problem.

BigTimeDealer

Thanks, I may have to do this unless someone can confirm the pre-order … Thanks, I may have to do this unless someone can confirm the pre-order "trick" still works. It's a bit unethical, but I am sure Amazon won't mind given their antics.

They don`t mind, and of cause they won`t ban you,in time.
Edited by: "snoopy18" 12th Apr

Select prime trial and cancel after one month or after you receive your item.

I always add some small household items e.g. hand wash was there yesterday for 97p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …22
    2. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).22
    3. Private Number Plate22
    4. Switching from Apple to Andriod - Any advice?2643

See more discussions