How trustworthy are Handtec.co.uk?

Posted 6th Oct 2011
I bought an Omnia 7 8GB unlocked for £239.99 from handtec.co.uk
The phone arrived very quickly but the only SIM I tried that worked was an Orange sim card. The phone was branded T-Mobile but I didn't have a T-Mobile sim card to test. I assumed the phone wasn't unlocked properly.

Anyway, I returned the phone and got an email saying that they had received it. I heard nothing for 4 days before I emailed them back asking for an update.

"Unfortunately we have still not had stock of this item. The dates have been moved on by manufacturer and it is out of our hands. With this in mind we cannot stipulate as to when we will be getting more stock.

Please advise if you would like to be credited for the amount or keep the order. "
The funny thing is, all of a sudden there's an open-box unlocked Omnia 7 in stock on their website for about £25 more than I originally paid. The original £239.99 model product description now states that they are locked to T-Mobile and Orange and it is also in stock.

I hate to jump to the very obvious conclusion but I'm pretty sure this is my phone:
handtec.co.uk/pro…ed-

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Misc
Discussions
9 Comments
Post a comment