Groups

How trustworthy is....

A site that comes up at the top of my google search as a sponsored link (with a google checkout button on it)....although I can't find any reviews of it?

8 Comments

Which site?

I avoid sponsored links every time.
    I find the regular search results to be much more reliable.

Original Poster

the glasses center.com

been tryna find my glasses everywhere ....and i've been a bit sceptical about this site...

Babbabooey;5452198

I avoid sponsored links every time.I find the regular search results to … I avoid sponsored links every time.I find the regular search results to be much more reliable.

I do that too but only because I think why should one company get more hits than another just because they have the funds to sponsor a link...

Glasses? \see this thread: hotukdeals.com/ite…ses

Also, sponsored links mean nothing, other than the site is paying google for the advertising.

Original Poster

DragonChris;5452238

Glasses? \see this thread: … Glasses? \see this thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/418476/be-very-careful-when-buying-glassesAlso, sponsored links mean nothing, other than the site is paying google for the advertising.

Hmm....that thread does make me reconsider buying glasses online..however, 1. i am only buying sunglasses and 2. i don't like to deal with sites that are not based in the UK...

ClarityofMind;5452235

I do that too but only because I think why should one company get more … I do that too but only because I think why should one company get more hits than another just because they have the funds to sponsor a link...

Exactly. They pay to be at the top, despite not being what I actually searched for.

Babbabooey;5452400

Exactly. They pay to be at the top, despite not being what I actually … Exactly. They pay to be at the top, despite not being what I actually searched for.

uh huh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions