Groups
    EXPIRED

How 'unlimited' is my iPhone Internet?

Hi guys. I don't have a landline or the Internet so I've been using 'mywi' to tether my iPhone to my pc and access the internet that way. I don't download very much but I do use skype, YouTube and browse a fair bit. Basically I don't wanna trigger any 'fair usage' clause, so does anyone know whether this is likely? In on o2 btw.

Thanks,
    Chris

11 Comments

You'd better check that your contract allows tethering as part of your unlimited because i know mine doesnt

If you're on O2 then tethering isn't free. They charge extra for it. Tethering can be tracked and it's grounds for contract termination and excess fees apparently.

tethering isnt free on any network.... thats on iphones only though......
    get any mid range nokia n enjoy tethering.....
    btw o2 has fair usage of 500 mb if u r on £25 to £35 pm tarrifs and 750 mb on $40 n over tarrifs,,,
    Edited by: "ameet80uk" 5th Sep 2010

Jailbreak and tether.

Original Poster

Damn. I've used my phone today to download iTunes etc after reformatting my computer - will they deffinately pick up on this and charge me?

I guess I will have to get a dongle or something then (only living here a few months so can't take out any contracts. Any suggestions?

Original Poster

mr.potato_head

Jailbreak and tether.

It is jailbroken, that's how I am using 'mywi'. Does this change anything?

rockyourphone.com/ind…tml

Original Poster

Alright, thank you. I take it skype is out too?

Original Poster

Anyone?

I'd imagine your contarct has a fair use policy of 500mb. Most do now. Downloading itunes will have used over 200mb I think.

Streaming any video such as youtube uses a lot of data. Just browsing the web occassionaly will be fine but I wouldn't use it too much more this month. Not sure about skype as I don't use it.

Edited by: "mfc1986" 6th Sep 2010

Original Poster

Thanks. I'll stay clear of downloading and video watching in that case. If anyone could advise on skype's usage I'll be most grateful, I'm really keen to use it since my girlfriend is living in hong kong for the next 10 months!

CReilly

Alright, thank you. I take it skype is out too?

Can you not just use skype on your phone?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56

See more discussions