How will the budget affect your tax per year

Found 22nd Nov 2017
bbc.co.uk/new…946

Use our Budget calculator, developed by Deloitte, to find out how the tax measures may affect you in the coming year.

Some changes will not be seen until future financial years and are not included in this calculator.

Community Updates
Misc
49 Comments
Woohoo, I’m £19 a month better off.
Cakeboy791 m ago

Woohoo, I’m £19 a month better off.

32514503-rfeBB.jpg
£17.50 a month better off, not brilliant but at least going in right direction although I bet increases in household bills and food prices soon cancel the increase out and more.
barriey2 m ago

£17.50 a month better off, not brilliant but at least going in right …£17.50 a month better off, not brilliant but at least going in right direction although I bet increases in household bills and food prices soon cancel the increase out and more.

Easily.

Something like £400 worse off per year since the Brexit vote.
8 pound wooooo
19.67, tax is a bit better but NI is worse. Thankfully I barely use fuel, and I don't smoke or drink often.
£8.42 better off next year, get in there!
People who don't smoke are basically giving away their salary here.
well it says i am 2.45 better off but my virgin bill increases, water, no doubt food prices and electric, probably bus fair go up more, probably rent, and mine wages probably go up by 3p
teh.arn2 h, 25 m ago

Easily.Something like £400 worse off per year since the Brexit vote.

Crying about brexit isn't going to make it go away.

Lets move on.
Funny that it has -£145 in tax to the BBC
jonmarz896 h, 37 m ago

well it says i am 2.45 better off but my virgin bill increases, water, no …well it says i am 2.45 better off but my virgin bill increases, water, no doubt food prices and electric, probably bus fair go up more, probably rent, and mine wages probably go up by 3p

Your Virgin bill increases...and the government is to blame?...too good!
teh.arn9 h, 3 m ago

Easily.Something like £400 worse off per year since the Brexit vote.

Well some days I get good news.
£9.98 better off for me next year.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 23rd Nov 2017
No change for us.

Child Benefit frozen again.
(it has risen 70p a week since Tories won 2010 election)

Tax credits frozen again (only increase for disabled child/adult)
(WTC up £40 a year from 2010, Child tax credit has never risen, Childcare payments fallen 10% since 2010 Condem Coalition.

While the non-snowflakes enjoy a £1250 a year rise since 2010 fullfact.org/eco…rs/

It's a good job inflation only affects old people.
J4GG49 h, 53 m ago

Crying about brexit isn't going to make it go away.Lets move on.

Who said it would?
teh.arn9 m ago

Who said it would?

These guys...

32519564-r8wUe.jpg
32519564-gcQo9.jpg
32519564-mD7YN.jpg
davewave32 s ago

These guys...[Image] [Image] [Image]

So no one in this thread?
teh.arn9 m ago

So no one in this thread?

Take a look.
davewave3 h, 38 m ago

Your Virgin bill increases...and the government is to blame?...too good!

I didn't say the government was too blame, i meant there are many more things that have increased, which the government hasn't taken into account, the government will look at this and say, that i am better off than last year and he is fine, he is 2.45 more than he getting last year, not taking account into the whole situation
davewave3 m ago

Take a look.

Thank you for confirming that there's no one.
teh.arn10 m ago

Thank you for confirming that there's no one.

Are you putting words in my mouth? Tread carefully please, your tone is quite abrupt, again.
jonmarz8914 m ago

I didn't say the government was too blame, i meant there are many more …I didn't say the government was too blame, i meant there are many more things that have increased, which the government hasn't taken into account, the government will look at this and say, that i am better off than last year and he is fine, he is 2.45 more than he getting last year, not taking account into the whole situation

The government can't control Virgin choosing to rip you off, so from what they can control you may be better off.
davewave12 m ago

Are you putting words in my mouth? Tread carefully please, your tone is …Are you putting words in my mouth? Tread carefully please, your tone is quite abrupt, again.

You didn't provide any evidence of the above since there is none in this thread.
If there was anything there you most likely would have pointed to it.
teh.arn2 m ago

You didn't provide any evidence of the above since there is none in this …You didn't provide any evidence of the above since there is none in this thread.If there was anything there you most likely would have pointed to it.

I don't work for you, I don't care much for your tone tbh and I didn't make the claim so have a fun day.
davewave13 m ago

The government can't control Virgin choosing to rip you off, so from what …The government can't control Virgin choosing to rip you off, so from what they can control you may be better off.

i might but my council tax has already increased, but i not saying, who can control what bill, i saying, that there be saying looking at the stats and figures most will be better off, but if you look closer, you see what has gone down has gone up in other areas , i gues that's why there say life's like a roundabout
jonmarz893 m ago

i might but my council tax has already increased, but i not saying, who …i might but my council tax has already increased, but i not saying, who can control what bill, i saying, that there be saying looking at the stats and figures most will be better off, but if you look closer, you see what has gone down has gone up in other areas , i gues that's why there say life's like a roundabout

A local council is separate from the government, councils are some of the most disorganised and inefficient organisations, rife with employees who are unable to work in the private sector because they wouldn't survive.
The difference between how much I tell my doctor I drink in a week compared with this calculator could quench the thirst of the 5,000
davewave36 m ago

A local council is separate from the government, councils are some of the …A local council is separate from the government, councils are some of the most disorganised and inefficient organisations, rife with employees who are unable to work in the private sector because they wouldn't survive.

now that i can agree with
teh.arn1 h, 44 m ago

Who said it would?

Sorry, I just assumed that because you mention brexit a lot in a negative way every time and in unrelated topics that you wasn't over it still, thus giving the impression ones still crying over it.

This is not just you personally, theres still a little gang left all over the internet that is clinging on to something that isn't there anymore. Its very tiresome.

Embrace Brexit and help the country move on.
J4GG41 h, 31 m ago

Sorry, I just assumed that because you mention brexit a lot in a negative …Sorry, I just assumed that because you mention brexit a lot in a negative way every time and in unrelated topics that you wasn't over it still, thus giving the impression ones still crying over it.This is not just you personally, theres still a little gang left all over the internet that is clinging on to something that isn't there anymore. Its very tiresome.Embrace Brexit and help the country move on.

Unrelated topics?
You know the budget included Brexit funds?

It's not that hard to understand.
davewave2 h, 32 m ago

I don't work for you, I don't care much for your tone tbh and I didn't …I don't work for you, I don't care much for your tone tbh and I didn't make the claim so have a fun day.

I didn't realise you were so overly sensitive Dave.

Try not to take the above comment to heart and start uncontrollably sobbing, i mean it in a nice way.
CoeK3 m ago

I didn't realise you were so overly sensitive Dave.Try not to take the …I didn't realise you were so overly sensitive Dave.Try not to take the above comment to heart and start uncontrollably sobbing, i mean it in a nice way.

Oh I didn't know you cared, how lovely.
Theres no option for benefits, but it claims my vodka consumption will be unaffected
davewave7 m ago

Oh I didn't know you cared, how lovely.

Of course i do, you are my source of news.
Segata-Sanshiro52 s ago

Theres no option for benefits, but it claims my vodka consumption will be …Theres no option for benefits, but it claims my vodka consumption will be unaffected

I don't think i have ever read a more depressing sentence on here.
teh.arn1 h, 47 m ago

Unrelated topics?You know the budget included Brexit funds?It's not that …Unrelated topics?You know the budget included Brexit funds?It's not that hard to understand.

Making a wild guess of a £400 loss per person due to Brexit is a wild stab in the dark. Unrelated to this topic, at least in terms of facts. Not to mention the scaremongering.

If the politicians knew, especially David Cameron that everyone would be out of pocket £400 due to brexit, Cameron would of most certainly mentioned it in his last ditch speech. Everyone would of voted remain. So not sure how you know all this until trade deals and everything else has been settled or agreed. It is just scaremongering, which a lot of the remain voters still continue to do. Some smart ones have moved on and are embracing the future, while others are lingering in the past ready to pounce the very first moment something negative pops up, with or without facts. Or in this case turning something that appears to be positive for most into a negative.

I guess I must of only understood the goo goo ga ga part.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 23rd Nov 2017
J4GG41 h, 39 m ago

If the politicians knew, especially David Cameron that everyone would be …If the politicians knew, especially David Cameron that everyone would be out of pocket £400 due to brexit, Cameron would of most certainly mentioned it in his last ditch speech. Everyone would of voted remain.

Plenty of warnings were given. Warnings have been given time and time again, by politicians and experts. The brexiters, put their fingers in their ears and shouted 'PROJECT FEAR' and 'scaremongering'.

Brexiters don't like being told what is going to happen by experts, we know this - they make it very clear that nothing outside their world view will be tolerated, we should shut up and think of the lovely blue passports.
J4GG41 h, 39 m ago

It is just scaremongering, which a lot of the remain voters still continue …It is just scaremongering, which a lot of the remain voters still continue to do.

and are still doing exactly that.
The Brexit, The Brexit but the sky is falling!!
Josh.Rogan23rd Nov 2017

Plenty of warnings were given. Warnings have been given time and time …Plenty of warnings were given. Warnings have been given time and time again, by politicians and experts. The brexiters, put their fingers in their ears and shouted 'PROJECT FEAR' and 'scaremongering'.Brexiters don't like being told what is going to happen by experts, we know this - they make it very clear that nothing outside their world view will be tolerated, we should shut up and think of the lovely blue passports. and are still doing exactly that.

"May not" the key words from Cameron there.

As in, nobody really knows for sure.

Saying you are out of pocket £400 (precisely) is scaremongering and totally untrue and unfounded.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions