Groups

How will you spend your new Tesco Club Card Vouchers?

Tesco Enveloped arrived this morning with £25.50, which I'll be saving towards a holiday next year most likely

26 Comments

How long did it take you to get £25's worth? (I don't shop at Tesco so haven't a clue!)

Admin

Lookin forward to getting ours!! Hopefully going to go to florida for a week once we've saved next quarters too

Original Poster

Well, I use the points deals whenever I see them including those Johnson baby ones (76p = 100 points, £4 on deals, no brainer)

and

parents and other family members are carrying my tesco clubcard, most knowingly, a couple not so knowingly :-D (easy to call and get spares, I mean replacements...) and we all use Tesco.

Banned

i spend mine on christmas treats, cuts the food bill down for christmas

usually for days out, theme park tickets so i might save them for next summer

or maybe not, but seems a waste to use against my shopping

sadiebabes

How long did it take you to get £25's worth? (I don't shop at Tesco so … How long did it take you to get £25's worth? (I don't shop at Tesco so haven't a clue!):)

You get a maildrop every quarter - dishing up your accumulated points. 1000 points is £10 instore or £40 deals. We are saving for a big holiday in the autumn next year. Deals work out much better value - if you dont mind saving.

We did not go daft this quarter but still had around 9000 points (so £90 instore or £360 towards next years hols). Depends what you spend on and how often.

Sax is yer main man for Tesco info- but it seems you can have separate accounts registered and simply order your deals/token online when you want to 'cash-in'. That way you may get 2 lots of bashes at the points tokens and online vouchers.

Banned

can you send these back in then? i dont see why it can't be like sainsbury where you send for them when you want them

sassie

can you send these back in then? i dont see why it can't be like … can you send these back in then? i dont see why it can't be like sainsbury where you send for them when you want them

Sassie,

You get the mail drop quarterly - but the vouchers last for 2 years. You can save them up that way. If it is getting to the end of the voucher period, you can send them back to Tesco and get them re-converted back to points - therefore saving for as long as you like (theoretically). It is however at the discretion of Cust. Services. Never had to send back though - always used them!:-D

Paid for family holiday for last few years - thanks to Tesco!!:thumbsup:

Banned

hey rockhound, thanks for that, can you use them as cash then? like a £100 off a holiday? or is it a certain amount per spend?

Original Poster

Saving them for over 18months isn't advised considering inflation etc.

Always best to plan to use them within 12months really.

Original Poster

sassie

hey rockhound, thanks for that, can you use them as cash then? like a … hey rockhound, thanks for that, can you use them as cash then? like a £100 off a holiday? or is it a certain amount per spend?

]tesco.com/clu…als

sassie

hey rockhound, thanks for that, can you use them as cash then? like a … hey rockhound, thanks for that, can you use them as cash then? like a £100 off a holiday? or is it a certain amount per spend?

As much or as little as you want towards your hol etc. You just need to tell the booking agent at the time that you want to spend part using deals.

You MUST apply for the deal vouchers in advance though..e.g French Life - simply apply online to redeem your 'Cash equivalent vouchers', which will be specific for French Life.

So if you have £30 instore saved up - you get £120 towards your holiday through most of the usual deal merchants. I have found some others who will take Tesco - will PM you if you wnat the info, as I discussed this in a thread many moons ago!

Banned

thsnks schizoboy, i see goldsmiths on the list, will be wanting an expensive gift from there in 4 years, may as well start saving my vouchers now

schizoboy

Saving them for over 18months isn't advised considering inflation … Saving them for over 18months isn't advised considering inflation etc.Always best to plan to use them within 12months really.

Yep - dont disaggree there..as price of hols etc invariably will go up! Ours get spent annually normally but going for a biggie this time. Even inflation cannot touch 400% return on shopping I would need to buy anyway.

Original Poster

Don't assume Tesco will redeem old vouchers, it can be done just do not assume is my best advice so 4 years is risky

Go nuts on the points offers iw what I suggest, ie. Johnsons 76p in Tesco £4 in Goldsmiths, got my Seiko Kinetic several weeks ago at Goldsmiths

MSE even had a mention of £5000 on Tesco johnsons baby product = £15000 off a car lol

(Goldsmiths = £200 minimum spend in store on the transaction where the Tesco Tokens (what you use in clubcard deal stores and what your clubcard vouchers convert to upon redemption) but can be used for partial payment

What I did: £70 of tesco vouchers converted to £280 of tokens spent in Goldsmiths on £250+£35 products, I paid £5

or it can be partial payment, ie: £25 of Tesco Vouchers converted to £100 of tokens to spend anywhere like Goldsmiths and another £100 in cash on a £200 product.

Banned

schizoboy

Don't assume Tesco will redeem old vouchers, it can be done just do not … Don't assume Tesco will redeem old vouchers, it can be done just do not assume is my best advice so 4 years is riskyGo nuts on the points offers iw what I suggest, 76p in Tesco £4 in Goldsmiths, got my Seiko Kinetic that way, MSE even had a mention of £5000 on Tesco johnsons baby product = £15000 off a car lol

what do you mean 76p in tesco is £4 in goldsmiths, sorry im probably being incredibly blonde

schizoboy

Don't assume Tesco will redeem old vouchers, it can be done just do not … Don't assume Tesco will redeem old vouchers, it can be done just do not assume is my best advice so 4 years is riskyGo nuts on the points offers iw what I suggest, 76p in Tesco £4 in Goldsmiths, got my Seiko Kinetic that way, MSE even had a mention of £5000 on Tesco johnsons baby product = £15000 off a car lol

2 years max shelf life on vouchers - or reconvert to points and ger 'refreshed' vouchers in next mail drop. Also..some of the providers of the deals change (come and go) so smetimes you only get a quarters warning that you will no longer be able to get a deal from certain merchants.

Original Poster

Can you just convert them to points online? If it's a long running standard online I'll be happy to be wrong, but inflation still makes that inadvisable.

Sassie until Nov 13th many Johnsons products have 100points attached to them, the cheapest item being 76p talcalm powder, so 76p = 100points = £4 in goldsmiths.

I did this on two recent online orders but the max was ten and I went in store for more, so I have approx 4000+ points which didn't arrive this quarter but will on next quarters voucher maildrop

schizoboy

Can you just convert them to points online? If it's a long running … Can you just convert them to points online? If it's a long running standard online I'll be happy to be wrong, but inflation still makes that inadvisable.)

Dunno about online conversion. Think you have to send them back and (nicely) ask if they can be renewed as you are trying to save up - or something.

Wheres Sax when you need him????:oops:

Banned

oh right got ya, do you know if you can spend the goldsmith ones on sale items? or does it hve to buy full priced goods?

Original Poster

No sale items are not included in the offer, normal priced offers only.

However

I cannot discount the possibility of buying Goldsmith Gift Vouchers and using THEM on sale items. not tried it though.

Either way total transaction amount where Tesco tokens are used must be £200 minimum.

When you go into a goldsmiths you'll see why, it's a wannabe franchised bond street jewellery store so is very plush also I had to order my "cheap" item in stock as I suspect most of their stock are the £1000+ range.

Banned

thanks for all the info, i may feel a little embaressed on going in there to ask:giggle:

Original Poster

I was dressed up like a doll by the OH when we went shopping and I decided to go for this at the shopping centre (much to her disappointment that it wasn't going on a joint holiday or a certain ring for her) and I was polite meaning I was served quite quickly and professionally.

Goldsmiths makes the likes of Argos look like 3rd world criminal market really.

Admin

My Wedding/ Engagement/ Eternity ring and my watch are all from Goldsmiths, the branch we use isn't pretencious at all, suppose it depends from branch to branch. They're really professional and know exactly what they're talking about

I got £31 other day in,I'm just keeping them by for moment,but gone August we used Clubcard deals for 2 days at Chessington for us all.

Banned

Off on holiday, probably tenerife, with the family. £105 in vouchers worth £420 towards a cheapo holiday deal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions