How would one report a site frequently referenced here for fraud?

Found 14th Dec 2017
Instant gaming have a lot of posts on HUKD and I need to make mods and all users aware of their fraudulent behavior regarding paypal

they have been attempting to mine users data including at minimum phone numbers with the premise of using it to send a verification code, right up to requesting proof of photo ID for example I was told to send them a copy of my passport in order for them to send me the key I had already bought, I questioned this and they said that paypal required this.
Obviously paypal confirmed in seconds this is completely false and they are investigating Instant gaming's account with paypal, paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the retailer due to the likelihood of fraud surrounding the account and with their easy attempt to hold game codes at ransom; chances are my previous purchases aren't safe anyway.

Other big warning signs of this website include their carefree deleting and editing of chat logs for on site support, I had been told completely false information which I pointed out to them, so they went ahead and deleted the evidence that they said anything wrong.

So in short anyone who has purchased anything from the site in the last month (or as far back as paypal can make a claim) try phoning paypal regarding the suspicious activity surrounding the website "instant gaming" as it is likely they are data mining all customers or attempting to, or will be in the future (as this was 2nd purchase I made, I had no problems with the 1st I made on the 11th, then they kept asking for more security checks)

And can mods please do something regarding posts made from this site in the future as they are clearly not safe to shop from, I only found the website because of deals shared here - people need to be protected.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

Best add Facebook to your complaint as they do the same thing.

Original Poster

Shengis39 m ago

Best add Facebook to your complaint as they do the same thing.

I have never seen a product sold on Facebook or deals added to this site for Facebook, I can't tell if you're being facetious or just don't understand why this is a bad thing...

Facebook data farms personal details that you submit to them.

Instant gaming is pretending to be a shop as a front for securing personal details which it can then match to financial information.
The whole point of using paypal is to avoid this debacle, as paypal support have confirmed to me.
Instant gaming are lying about paypal requiring them to enforce additional security checks.

I am struggling to think of another way to explain who this is unrelated and different to facebook and why this is a bad thing. I hope someone who does understand can explain things further for you.

Facebook randomly lock accounts and require you to send driving licence/passport scans. This site has a link your account to facebook option. Therefore they (the owners of hukd) DIRECTLY promote users to go to facebook.

Pretty sure CDKeys/Gearbest/most mobile phone resellers have asked for ID verification in the past. Probably do it as they operate in highly scammable retail sectors.

And yes I agree they shouldn't do it but... it is what it is. Cancel your order and move on.

Original Poster

never had any site ask me to scan my passport after or before a transaction has been completed with paypal in the last decade of using it, I have never heard of another place doing it and furthermore neither have paypal which is my entire point here, the site specified that paypal required them to do it, which is not the case at all.

those other sites you have mentioned have no record of doing this that i can find via google, stop trying to dismiss this when you have nothing credible to say, you are just speculating and hoping for the best.

[quote]paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the retailer[/quote]

Ehhhhh... not sure about the fraud part. Instant gaming are fighting a loosing battle due to selling immaterial items by email. They stand to loose 100 out of 100 chargeback cases this way. Something you have just proven. Anyone can defraud them of all of their earnings in an instant.

The phone number/passport thing is to put the thought of "we know who you are, so do not try any funny business (unwarranted charge backs) with us".

Zeek (marketplace for buying/selling giftcards) did the same at one point (might even still be doing it) and the response from customers was no different.

I am not saying that they are not [censord], their post sales behaviour clearly shows that they are, but at this point I do not believe that they are trying to defraud anyone.

PS: @Admin, pretty please can we have a custom quotes button or just re-enable the markup language.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 15th Dec 2017

paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the retailer

To be clear, are you saying instant gaming never delivered any of the codes you ordered?

chocci42 m ago

paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the …paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the retailerTo be clear, are you saying instant gaming never delivered any of the codes you ordered?

No, the codes were delivered and used, but because those purchases weren't 'safe' they've been refunded. Sounds quite immoral to me.

MIDURIX31 m ago

No, the codes were delivered and used, but because those purchases weren't …No, the codes were delivered and used, but because those purchases weren't 'safe' they've been refunded. Sounds quite immoral to me.

I don’t think that OP ever stated this, it sounds a bit like you’ve jumped to a conclusion here.

@Felicitous your heart is in the right place, and thanks at least for warning me about instant gaming I always triple check websites I haven’t heard of now anyway, as there have been lots of dodgy ones over the last few weeks.

I tried to report a couple using the action.police reporting website (just googled report website fraud), but they asked for my address at the end, and since I have no guarantee that it’s a legit website, I couldn’t finish reporting the sites

Again, thanks for letting me know

MIDURIX32 m ago

No, the codes were delivered and used, but because those purchases weren't …No, the codes were delivered and used, but because those purchases weren't 'safe' they've been refunded. Sounds quite immoral to me.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty obvious who's being fraudulent here lol

hgraham44 m ago

I don’t think that OP ever stated this, it sounds a bit like you’ve jumped …I don’t think that OP ever stated this, it sounds a bit like you’ve jumped to a conclusion here.@Felicitous your heart is in the right place, and thanks at least for warning me about instant gaming I always triple check websites I haven’t heard of now anyway, as there have been lots of dodgy ones over the last few weeks.I tried to report a couple using the action.police reporting website (just googled report website fraud), but they asked for my address at the end, and since I have no guarantee that it’s a legit website, I couldn’t finish reporting the sites Again, thanks for letting me know

OP stated they had no problem with their first order but the seller wanted photo evidence for their second order

chocci5 m ago

OP stated they had no problem with their first order but the seller wanted …OP stated they had no problem with their first order but the seller wanted photo evidence for their second order

Ah, thanks, my mistake. Very tired this morning, sorry about that

Original Poster

chocci6 h, 13 m ago

paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the …paypal have also refunded me all previous transactions I had with the retailerTo be clear, are you saying instant gaming never delivered any of the codes you ordered?

MIDURIX5 h, 31 m ago

they delivered one after a lot of customer support hassel, but after 2 days and about 12 messages were holding a 2nd random unless I sent them all my personal details, as they said paypal requires them to ask this information. which they do not, the whole point of paypal is so you don't have to give companies all of your personal details.

chocci4 h, 55 m ago

OP stated they had no problem with their first order but the seller wanted …OP stated they had no problem with their first order but the seller wanted photo evidence for their second order

hgraham44 h, 49 m ago

Ah, thanks, my mistake. Very tired this morning, sorry about that …Ah, thanks, my mistake. Very tired this morning, sorry about that

There were problems with the first order, I eventually managed to circumvent this using a spare phone I had

Paypal give them your name and address anyway. How would a company deliver your item without it?

But for future reference, if asked, send a photo BUT use MSPaint or whatever the modern equivalent is to black over the driver number/passport serial number etc, leave any address details visible. Tell them thats all they're getting over an UNSECURED connection. If it's not good enough, go .... yourself

Felicitous5 h, 52 m ago

they delivered one after a lot of customer support hassel, but after 2 …they delivered one after a lot of customer support hassel, but after 2 days and about 12 messages were holding a 2nd random unless I sent them all my personal details, as they said paypal requires them to ask this information. which they do not, the whole point of paypal is so you don't have to give companies all of your personal details.There were problems with the first order, I eventually managed to circumvent this using a spare phone I had

So are you happy with yourself having being given a code basically for free now? In truth the company probably aren't acting fraudulently as you are trying to say, but are maybe making a poor attempt at covering their back by establishing exactly who you are so you can't claim a refund/do a charge back etc in the future. Don't you think what you've done is a bit like theft?

Original Poster

MIDURIX20 m ago

So are you happy with yourself having being given a code basically for …So are you happy with yourself having being given a code basically for free now? In truth the company probably aren't acting fraudulently as you are trying to say, but are maybe making a poor attempt at covering their back by establishing exactly who you are so you can't claim a refund/do a charge back etc in the future. Don't you think what you've done is a bit like theft?

I didn't expect anything I had bought form there to remain in my account so I haven't used it, I'm not getting anythign out of this, just several days of wasted time with their customer support deleting their own messages after they lie to me

Se
Felicitous9 h, 40 m ago

I didn't expect anything I had bought form there to remain in my account …I didn't expect anything I had bought form there to remain in my account so I haven't used it, I'm not getting anythign out of this, just several days of wasted time with their customer support deleting their own messages after they lie to me

Several days of wasted time - really?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions