How would the royal mail delivery a cd stereo?

Hi i bought a cd cd player of someone on ebay and it was posted yesterday sp delivery,our postman delivers on bike and so was wondering would they carry that on their bike or should i expect a van to deliver it??thanks

13 Comments

standard parcels 99% of the time they've delivered it in a van.

postmen will only deliver packets/envelopes, vans deliver parcels

Original Poster

mosskeeto;6151651

postmen will only deliver packets/envelopes, vans deliver parcels

so they would consider a car cd player a parcel?also do they deliver by van on sat too??thanks:thumbsup:

not sure about the parcel thing but vans do come on a saturday. may only be before 12 though

Pretty sure Standard Parcels also takes a few days so I wouldn't be expecting it today.

AshleyRFC;6151743

Pretty sure Standard Parcels also takes a few days so I wouldn't be … Pretty sure Standard Parcels also takes a few days so I wouldn't be expecting it today.

Aye, takes 3-5 days.
I wouldn't expect it any earlier then 3 days.

t0mm;6151745

Aye, takes 3-5 days.I wouldn't expect it any earlier then 3 days.

Yeah - lifted from Royal Mails website...

# How long will it take to get there?
We deliver most Standard Parcels by the third working day after posting, including Saturdays. This service is not guaranteed.

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6151750

Yeah - lifted from Royal Mails website...# How long will it take to … Yeah - lifted from Royal Mails website...# How long will it take to get there?We deliver most Standard Parcels by the third working day after posting, including Saturdays. This service is not guaranteed.

ok it was ment to have been sent special delivery

strobez1977;6151752

Well if it was sent Special Delivery then it should get there today.

Just because in your OP you said SP so I think we all took that to mean Standard Parcels.

strobez1977;6151752

you said SP in OP.

SD (Special Delivery) Is guarenteednext working day monday to friday.

Unless they paid an excess of £2 to have it guarenteed saturday you don't have the 99.9% guarantee it'll be delivered on a saturday.

If it does, it'll come before 1, via a van.

t0mm;6151764

you said SP in OP.SD (Special Delivery) Is guarenteednext working day … you said SP in OP.SD (Special Delivery) Is guarenteednext working day monday to friday.Unless they paid an excess of £2 to have it guarenteed saturday you don't have the 99.9% guarantee it'll be delivered on a saturday.If it does, it'll come before 1, via a van.

Oh yeah I forgot that they dont guarantee it for the Saturday.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P_L02XxLyWQ/Sg1qn9q0vcI/AAAAAAAACNY/4yp3yvUNGSA/s400/Postman_with_mail_t_679417c.jpg

i thought u bought it off av forums:S im confused
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
    2. love affairs1445
    3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31450
    4. word association Game73944486

See more discussions