How would you deal with this - ebay question

basically i sold some tshirts to someone over ebay. but apparently they asked for a larger size as it was my mistake I said okay fair enough, and told them to post them back to me and il give a refund. They sent them last friday and still nothing.

Shes telling me she didnt send them recorded delivery (even though i did) as it would cost too much. She also said she posted the recpiet in the package. Now i have a feeling that they might not turn up.

Now is it my fault and hence should give her a refund, or is it hers due to that she didnt send them recorded / may be trying to pull a fast one and pretending shes shipped them.

£60 is the amount

52 Comments

It's your fault for sending the wrong size, but a much bigger fault is her not sending recorded delivery.

Without you receiving them back you don't need to do a thing, it's not your problem until you get the goods back.

Banned

if she paid through paypal then I would check your paypal rights. Also what paypal might go on is her feedback, if its low or not 100%.

I wouldnt refund straight away, I think she is trying to pull a fast one.

If she makes Paypal claim for item not as described, they'll ask her to send them back to you via a trackable method, so as she's posted them via standard post I don't think there is too much she can do.

starsparkle2311;5895239

£60 is a lot, you can't/shouldn't refund until you get the items back.Why … £60 is a lot, you can't/shouldn't refund until you get the items back.Why the heck did she put the receipt in the package?Sounds suss to me, recorded doesn't cost a lot either.Tell her you'll refund as soon as you receive the t-shirts.

Yep. Don't refund her.

Paypal would find in your favour too because she did not send them by a trackable method hence no proof you've recieved them too.

Banned

you'll end up with bad feedback, but so be it for £60 personally.

tinkerbell will confirm this I'm sure, but paypal will require her to use a trackable postage method, otherwise I believe they will throw out any claim.

follow the rules, and you're fine.

Original Poster

Cheers for the reply. I said il cover postage costs and i sent the wrong size to another person (got them mixed up)

They managed to send them back to me and i refunded including postage.
The reason she put the recipet in is to show postage costs apparently. Even though that it normally is printed on the label.

Yeah she opend a paypal dispute when she got the wrong size and i responded that she should send them back and il refund.

and yeah i dont want her to ruin my feedback! but 60£ for someone to keep feedback 100% is abit much i think
Fair enough if it was 10£ or so but 60 is a joke

gs-rai;5895292

Cheers for the reply. I said il cover postage costs and i sent the wrong … Cheers for the reply. I said il cover postage costs and i sent the wrong size to another person (got them mixed up) They managed to send them back to me and i refunded including postage.The reason she put the recipet in is to show postage costs apparently. Even though that it normally is printed on the label.Yeah she opend a paypal dispute when she got the wrong size and i responded that she should send them back and il refund.and yeah i dont want her to ruin my feedback! but 60£ for someone to keep feedback 100% is abit much i thinkFair enough if it was 10£ or so but 60 is a joke

Did you also send them via trackable method?

Banned

tinkerbell28;5895305

This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund … This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund return shipping anyway, and make damn sure it was fully tracked for that amount.............so really you should shoulder most of the blame, she should not of sent them back untracked but then you should of told her how to send them back and offered her the refund plus costs on return as it was your mistake. Did you explain this clearly enough as I have just read your other post, did you actually tell her to send back tracked and you would refund her postage or not?

He said he would cover return shipping, but she sent anyway (or lets face it, probably didn't!)

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5895305

This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund … This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund return shipping anyway, and make damn sure it was fully tracked for that amount.............so really you should shoulder most of the blame, she should not of sent them back untracked but then you should of told her how to send them back and offered her the refund plus costs on return as it was your mistake.

i did offer to pay for shipping, she knows abotu recorded as she told me that it'll cost too much (75p more infact) but if im paying for the shipping it doesnt make sense that she'd be concerned about the cost

Banned

tinkerbell28;5895305

This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund … This ^^ but truthfully a decent seller who made a mistake would refund return shipping anyway, and make damn sure it was fully tracked for that amount.............so really you should shoulder most of the blame, she should not of sent them back untracked but then you should of told her how to send them back and offered her the refund plus costs on return as it was your mistake. Did you explain this clearly enough as I have just read your other post, did you actually tell her to send back tracked and you would refund her postage or not?

Meh... I'm very surprised at you.

Like you, I normally come down heavily in favour of the buyer - as should be the case.

However, its clear the buyer is a absolutely moronic fool, and you can't cover all bases when dealing with such idiots.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5895341

Yeah he posted that as I was typing slowly :lol: she will loose a pp … Yeah he posted that as I was typing slowly :lol: she will loose a pp claim then and will have to claim of RM if she did send for what coverage she has, I would expect a neg though and becareful what you sign for over the next week or so:thumbsup:

yeeah, ahh i just find it fustraiting as i dont want to lose out on 60£

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5895369

I agree I posted as the other post came up so i did not see the … I agree I posted as the other post came up so i did not see the clarification as far as the op suggested, about the concern over cost, it should not of been an issue if he offered to pay, which he clarified in the post as I was posting

i dont know if this makes any diffrence but posting them to her cost me £3 so its not like it was a big / heavy parcel to send recorded!

Banned

tinkerbell28;5895369

I agree I posted as the other post came up so i did not see the … I agree I posted as the other post came up so i did not see the clarification as far as the op suggested, about the concern over cost, it should not of been an issue if he offered to pay, which he clarified in the post as I was posting

ahh okies

Banned

gs-rai;5895385

i dont know if this makes any diffrence but posting them to her cost me … i dont know if this makes any diffrence but posting them to her cost me £3 so its not like it was a big / heavy parcel to send recorded!

to be honest its one of two things

1) stupidity
2) scam

I'm leaning towards the second to be honest. No one's that stupid surely?

Whats to stop the buyer sending a bundle of old rags via recorded instead of the shirts and giving paypal that code for tracking?
They already sound iffy as it is.

"She also said she posted the recpiet in the package. Now i have a feeling that they might not turn up."

That doesn't make sense - you get the postal receipt when you send it, so how can you include it in he parcel?

Banned

Babbabooey;5895240

It's your fault for sending the wrong size, but a much bigger fault is … It's your fault for sending the wrong size, but a much bigger fault is her not sending recorded delivery.Without you receiving them back you don't need to do a thing, it's not your problem until you get the goods back.

+1 :thumbsup:

Banned

the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this doesno have to be tracked delivery it can be proof of postage receipt from the post office

just so you know

Banned

harlzter;5895414

Whats to stop the buyer sending a bundle of old rags via recorded instead … Whats to stop the buyer sending a bundle of old rags via recorded instead of the shirts and giving paypal that code for tracking?They already sound iffy as it is.

Well they have already send email confirmation stating that they didnt send the items recorded? The seller has nothing to worry about other than a single negative feedback.

Banned

casparwhite;5895481

the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this … the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this doesno have to be tracked delivery it can be proof of postage receipt from the post officejust so you know

Are you 100% certain of that?

Banned

Manic Juande;5895499

Are you 100% certain of that?

yes:)

Banned

seancampbell;5895427

"She also said she posted the recpiet in the package. Now i have a … "She also said she posted the recpiet in the package. Now i have a feeling that they might not turn up."That doesn't make sense - you get the postal receipt when you send it, so how can you include it in he parcel?

good spot.

Original Poster

vibeone;5895532

good spot.

yeahh i just thought of that going to ask her about it. will let u know what she says

Banned

casparwhite;5895481

the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this … the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this doesno have to be tracked delivery it can be proof of postage receipt from the post officejust so you know

thats wrong. it would be an even bigger scammers paradise if it was true.

Comply with PayPal shipping requests in a timely manner
For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you to post the item back to the seller – or to PayPal - or a third party at your expense and to provide proof of delivery. Please take reasonable precautions in re-packing the item to reduce the risk of damage to the item during transit. PayPal may also require you to destroy the item and to provide evidence of its destruction.

So the buyer took the parcel to the post office, got a receipt for it, then somehow managed to put that receipt in the parcel? hmmmmm.

I wouldn't give a refund, you told them you would cover return postage costs, so why did they need to avoid paying 75p for recorded delivery?

Make sure you don't sign for any parcels over the next couple of weeks unless you are expecting it, they could send you something else to gain a signature from you.

Original Poster

just spoke to the buyer. Shes telling me that she didnt actually send the recpiet. she meant to say 'didnt send them recorded i sent them with a reciept to prove postage'

okay lets say shes got the recpiet what do we do from here if they do not arrive to me?

gs-rai;5895622

just spoke to the buyer. Shes telling me that she didnt actually send the … just spoke to the buyer. Shes telling me that she didnt actually send the recpiet. she meant to say 'didnt send them recorded i sent them with a reciept to prove postage'okay lets say shes got the recpiet what do we do from here if they do not arrive to me?

Sorry, but it's still her problem, you offered to cover her postage costs, but she didn't send them recorded, she knows she should have.

PP will find in your favour.

I would say it's a question of morals, but I really think she's trying to pull a fast one. I wouldn't refund.

keep hold of all your emails from her as proof u sent in case she claims through paypal..sounds like a scam if you were paying postagefor her why not send recorded..A receipt from post office doesn't prove what she sent and where too,unless recorded..Paypal will ask her to send back with a tracking number..:thumbsup:

Tell her she can either
a) raise a paypal dispute, which she will lose
or
b) claim from RM with her receipt.

Not your problem.

Banned

frog princess;5895659

keep hold of all your emails from her as proof u sent in case she claims … keep hold of all your emails from her as proof u sent in case she claims through paypal..sounds like a scam if you were paying postagefor her why not send recorded..A receipt from post office doesn't prove what she sent and where too,unless recorded..Paypal will ask her to send back with a tracking number..:thumbsup:

it does you can have the postcode and address put on a proof of postage recipt not just recorded and i know that it used to be the case for items under £100 or roundabouts. t & c have changed as now you have to provide a signiture not just online tracking confirmation for over £150 this has also changed

Original Poster

seancampbell;5895669

Tell her she can eithera) raise a paypal dispute, which she will loseorb) … Tell her she can eithera) raise a paypal dispute, which she will loseorb) claim from RM with her receipt.Not your problem.

thanks for the advice everyone. I think im going to do this. as iv had lost parcels which i didnt send recorded and had to face the music for that! she should of really sent it recorded its 75p ontop of normal postage- that reason il wait till wednesday to see if anything arrives if not, its up to her to trace it with royal mail.

Original Poster

casparwhite;5895679

it does you can have the postcode and address put on a proof of postage … it does you can have the postcode and address put on a proof of postage recipt not just recorded and i know that it used to be the case for items under £100 or roundabouts. t & c have changed as now you have to provide a signiture not just online tracking confirmation for over £150 this has also changed

but what is stoping her from sending rock in a envelop and having proof of postage saying she sent something etc.
I dont think shes trying to scam me as she seems not the type. but at the end of the day if you return somthing to a store they expect the item before giving a refund kinda thing

Banned

gs-rai;5895707

but what is stoping her from sending rock in a envelop and having proof … but what is stoping her from sending rock in a envelop and having proof of postage saying she sent something etc. I dont think shes trying to scam me as she seems not the type. but at the end of the day if you return somthing to a store they expect the item before giving a refund kinda thing

thats probably why theyve changed it then as ive had it done to me before....items sent back which were never sent in the condition they were received back. yet i am left to refund.....its the tribulations you have to deal with selling on ebay....scammers and dishonest people. its a minefield

ive had to refund without receiving the item back before and lost the appeal because of pop

gs-rai;5895707

[COLOR="Red"]but what is stoping her from sending rock in a envelop and … [COLOR="Red"]but what is stoping her from sending rock in a envelop and having proof of postage saying she sent something etc. [/COLOR]I dont think shes trying to scam me as she seems not the type. but at the end of the day if you return somthing to a store they expect the item before giving a refund kinda thing

Nothing at all. But as people have already said in the thread, be careful what you sign for over the next few weeks :thumbsup:

Banned

casparwhite;5895679

it does you can have the postcode and address put on a proof of postage … it does you can have the postcode and address put on a proof of postage recipt not just recorded and i know that it used to be the case for items under £100 or roundabouts. t & c have changed as now you have to provide a signiture not just online tracking confirmation for over £150 this has also changed

so you admit you were wrong despite being 100% certain? :?

casparwhite:-
the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this doesno have to be tracked delivery it can be proof of postage receipt from the post office

just so you know

csiman :- thats wrong. it would be an even bigger scammers paradise if it was true.

Comply with PayPal shipping requests in a timely manner
For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you to post the item back to the seller – or to PayPal - or a third party at your expense and to provide proof of delivery. Please take reasonable precautions in re-packing the item to reduce the risk of damage to the item during transit. PayPal may also require you to destroy the item and to provide evidence of its destruction.

Banned

same as unauthorised transactions only require proof of posting not delivery.

can somebody tell me when the policy changed exactly ? as i know it wasnt that long agop from personal experience

its easy to say this changed ages ago but not so easy to prove .....paypal t&c change without warning

Banned

csiman;5895841

so you admit you were wrong despite being 100% certain? … so you admit you were wrong despite being 100% certain? :?casparwhite:-the buyer only has to provide proof it has been sent back to you, this doesno have to be tracked delivery it can be proof of postage receipt from the post officejust so you know csiman :- thats wrong. it would be an even bigger scammers paradise if it was true.Comply with PayPal shipping requests in a timely manner For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you to post the item back to the seller – or to PayPal - or a third party at your expense and to provide proof of delivery. Please take reasonable precautions in re-packing the item to reduce the risk of damage to the item during transit. PayPal may also require you to destroy the item and to provide evidence of its destruction.

lol

She said she had a receipt for proof of posting not a proof of posting certificate and post office will not put an address on receipt without paying for it..Last time I sent something back in relation to paypal claim they asked for a tracking number,would not accept anything else ..Has this changed then?

Banned

frog princess;5895990

She said she had a receipt for proof of posting not a proof of posting … She said she had a receipt for proof of posting not a proof of posting certificate and post office will not put an address on receipt without paying for it..Last time I sent something back in relation to paypal claim they asked for a tracking number,would not accept anything else ..Has this changed then?

you've never had to pay for a proof of posting. they put the postcode on the receipt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
    3. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22
    4. Win a VIP West End break with VisitLondon33

See more discussions