Howden Kitchens

Found 14th Feb 2015
Anyone used these before.
They seem much more reasonably priced.
Community Updates
AskKitchen
26 Comments
From what i have read on MSE the kitchen units are good but dont buy the electrical stuff from Howden as its all rubbish.
my dryers just packed in after 7 years (heavy usage)...I wouldn't call that rubbish
Howdens supply to trade, their fitted kitchens are decent quality.

Check this lot out though (_;)
Monkeybumcheeks

Howdens supply to trade, their fitted kitchens are decent quality.Check … Howdens supply to trade, their fitted kitchens are decent quality.Check this lot out though(_;)

I've heard good things about that lot X)
I've added that site to my faves (_;)

Got any recommendations for bathrooms deekus old boy ?
Monkeybumcheeks

I've added that site to my faves (_;)Got any recommendations for … I've added that site to my faves (_;)Got any recommendations for bathrooms deekus old boy ?

Not really. I bought my current bath suite as ex-demo from an Alderley Edge shop and got it fitted by some mickey mouser fitters found on Rated People.
Monkeybumcheeks

Cant remember where I'd seen it .....

I'm glad I didn't say I'd used them X)
deeky

I'm glad I didn't say I'd used them X)

.....if you had, I'd be after you to fit one for me X)
They are your typical cheap kitchens, unless you are buying hand made they are all much of a muchness. Warranties count for nothing with kitchens, and ALWAYS avoid using subbies for large firms like B@Q, they are probably charging triple what you could get direct with the same installer.
Howdens actually make and supply the kitchens, bathrooms etc (and the fittings ) sold by MFI in the past - today Homebase ,B&Q , Wickes etc . A reputable company quoted on the stock exchange ,I dare say they do different quality ranges as anywhere. If you have a kitchen fitted from say QKS the fitters will go to the local Howdens trade outlet to get the bits that are missing .
We love our Howdens kitchen. You can get substantial discounts and therefore good prices. The RRP is, as usual for these types of companies, nonsense.
They do charge too much for electricals and the quality of their sink & tap was not good enough - get a Franke instead.
But the quality of the kitchen is fantastic, but we also had superb kitchen fitters which helped.
sickly sweet

We love our Howdens kitchen. You can get substantial discounts and … We love our Howdens kitchen. You can get substantial discounts and therefore good prices. The RRP is, as usual for these types of companies, nonsense. They do charge too much for electricals and the quality of their sink & tap was not good enough - get a Franke instead. But the quality of the kitchen is fantastic, but we also had superb kitchen fitters which helped.

The DIY place, is that cheaper than Howdens ?

Had the design from Howdens, just waiting for the prices oO
Might be taking a trip to Pontefract otherwise!!
If you are getting a price from Howdens ask the kitchen fitter to get same price for you. Howdens work by giving a discount to the fitter, but also giving them a quote to give to their customer (with a smaller discount), it may work out cheaper.

If there's not much difference always get the fitter to supply, then any problems are his not yours (damages, missing parts etc will be up to him to sort).
We have a howdens kitchen and definitely worth it. Ask your builder to get you trade prices in which they'll normally get 50 to 60 percentage off i.e. trade price. Although i think the white goods they provide for free or offer is of standard quality.
our Howdens kitchen is fantastic but we bought our electrical goods on line and saved a fortune, to me its excellent quality .
SP2013

We have a howdens kitchen and definitely worth it. Ask your builder to … We have a howdens kitchen and definitely worth it. Ask your builder to get you trade prices in which they'll normally get 50 to 60 percentage off i.e. trade price. Although i think the white goods they provide for free or offer is of standard quality.

So if I give my builder the money, he can buy at vast discount

So I will ignore the prices I get this week ??
Quality no better or worse than other companies, substantial discounts can be obtained if you are trade, and units are already assembled so that can save time and money during fitting
iglimpse

So if I give my builder the money, he can buy at vast discountSo I will … So if I give my builder the money, he can buy at vast discountSo I will ignore the prices I get this week ??

you should get a quote and then ask your fitter to go in and get a trade price...and hopefully youll get a much better price through the fitter. good luck
Bought kitchen from howdens vey happy with it not so happy with electrical items they have changed supplier since I previously bought electrical items not for the better we also got a good trade discount.
Confused. Howdens only sell to traders and not the public like me, so why would they give me a price.... Even though she said she would send me the price.

I have a builder, so I can only buy through him, so the trader discount automatically applies ?
Just resurrected this thread as I was searhing around for info on whether or not I could just go in and buy Howdens products when not being a trade buyer. I did just that today. You need to be able to create an account, which takes a few minutes, then I chose my kitchen cabininet doors, loaded up and away I went. They seemed completely relaxed about the whole process, even though I only spent a couple of hundred quid. Even got a free gift for opening the account.
I assumed you would have to give over a valid VAT number when you created an account so that you could claim the VAT back?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Feb
Toptrumpet5 h, 7 m ago

I assumed you would have to give over a valid VAT number when you created …I assumed you would have to give over a valid VAT number when you created an account so that you could claim the VAT back?

So did I, VAT number is not even on the application form.
I love my Howdens kitchen.

The most important thing is to get a good kitchen fitter; an expensive kitchen fitted badly can look awful but a cheap-ish kitchen fitted well can look great.

I would only buy their cabinets and organise the sink (I highly recommend Franke) and electricals (I’d recommend Bosch) separately.

I actually bought my oven and hob off eBay and saved such a lot of money whilst getting exactly what I wanted.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 9th Feb
iglimpse17th Feb 2015

Confused. Howdens only sell to traders and not the public like me, so why …Confused. Howdens only sell to traders and not the public like me, so why would they give me a price.... Even though she said she would send me the price. I have a builder, so I can only buy through him, so the trader discount automatically applies ?

Most of the builders and project managers I’ve come across have Howdens accounts. It’s a pretty standard place for them to go.

You can barter for a better deal. Get them to make you a computerised version of your kitchen and barter with them, we had got ours down to a great price and then got a call to say if we did it before the end of the month we could get a free Bosch dishwasher. They have a lot of wriggle room.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants