Howells Leisure Fishguard Holiday Park. Gross?

Found 14th Mar
I’ve just bought a groupon 3 nights at Howells Caravan Site Fishguard. I’m thinking of cancelling the Groupon voucher after reading some of the tripadvisor reviews. I will be satisfied as long as the caravan is clean, warm and in good condition. I have not set my expectation levels too high but reading some of the tripadvisor reviews my low expectation levels may still not be met.
I will be with my family of 4 and plan to use this caravan park as a base to visit a couple of sites on the Uk heritage members list like Raglan Castle and to visit Cardigan Bay.

Does anyone have a personal account of this place?

Thanks..
Community Updates
AskTravel
6 Comments
The holiday is what you make of it, tripadvisor I always find people are more inclined to leave a negative review anyway.
Supermod
II dont have a personal account of the place i'm afraid but i'm pretty similar in that i'll research things to death and i'll continue to do so even after i've booked. Then the more I look, I get more anxious over the poor reviews!

If you've paid a decent price, go with an open mind. They seem pretty good on Tripadvisor in responding to complaints so i'm sure if you're given a shocker when you arrive they'll be willing to get you sorted.
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo44 m ago

The holiday is what you make of it, tripadvisor I always find people are …The holiday is what you make of it, tripadvisor I always find people are more inclined to leave a negative review anyway.

I’m aware of that but some of the photos don’t leave much to the imagination. If it’s that bad I suppose I will just have to make the 4hr drive home. I will pack cleaning products just in case and we will take our own bedding anyway.

I’m thinking it can’t be that bad because a lot of the positive reviews are from people who have posted many times
Original Poster
magicjay198644 m ago

II dont have a personal account of the place i'm afraid but i'm pretty …II dont have a personal account of the place i'm afraid but i'm pretty similar in that i'll research things to death and i'll continue to do so even after i've booked. Then the more I look, I get more anxious over the poor reviews! If you've paid a decent price, go with an open mind. They seem pretty good on Tripadvisor in responding to complaints so i'm sure if you're given a shocker when you arrive they'll be willing to get you sorted.

I’ve noticed they seem quite responsive. If I turn up there and it is a dive I will go Statham on them
There's a fantastic deal for that caravan site via the gofishguard website: book before 12 December to get 35% discount off your 2015 holiday. Winning. gofishguard.co.uk/pro…rk/
If the caravan is not up to scratch when you arrive, you might be able to upgrade to a newer one or one with heating etc. The trouble is that people are probably expecting a caravan that is the same as the ones to win on This Morning and then turn up to find that they’re 8-10 years old without all the bells and whistles.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants