How's your box set up?

Posted 27th Feb
What's everyone's TV set up?

Looking for ideas

Do you have SKY/ NOW TV/ ANDROID BOX etc? And is it connected wireless/ethernet?

Looking for a neat set up with the most possible channels (sports is a priority, bt & sky) preferably through all one system

Talk to me
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
Just have my TV and a 4k Firestick with Kodi and IPTV. Only have VM Broadband as I don’t need the tv package with having IPTV
Edited by: "Arto" 27th Feb
deleted2281559
Arto27/02/2020 10:27

Just have my TV and a 4k Firestick with Kodi and IPTV. Only have VM …Just have my TV and a 4k Firestick with Kodi and IPTV. Only have VM Broadband as I don’t need the tv package with having IPTV

Who’s your iptv with and has it lasted the duration paid for
Freesat, Amazon Prime + NowTV. Kids, Entertainment + movies plus all boxsets. (no sports sorry)
Works out about £20-25 p/m all in depending on what deals I can get on the NowTV passes.

Edit- all wireless and on 3 TVs throughout household using NowTV sticks and Fire sticks or smart TVs.
Edited by: "adamtattonreid" 27th Feb
All you really need is a 4k firestick with iptv.
deleted228155927/02/2020 10:34

Who’s your iptv with and has it lasted the duration paid for

I can’t mention on here as it’s against the terms and conditions but just google and there is plenty out there who also offer trials
On first tv I have 4K fire stick, with cinema hd, titanium tv on it, then I have Xbox one on there as well and a freesat box attached.

2nd tv I have gaming pc, Xbox one x, and firstick with the above apps installed. Freesat and Also iptv on this tv.

3rd tv I have Nvidia shield with above apps, Xbox one and freeview.

4th tv just have a firestick with above apps and a Nintendo switch attached..

have Netflix for all devices..

first 3 are all 55” and 4th only 32” but that changes Saturday when the 75” arrives..
Main TV in living room has Freesat recorder, blu-ray player, dvd player (don't ask), and is a Smart TV - so iplayer, Netflix, Prime, STV hub (all of which are also on the blu-ray or freesat box too). TV aerial is bad, so freesat for broadcast telly.

Second TV in living room has a PS3, and an Xbox One. Also got a monitor on my PC, with an Xbox One on it too in the same room.

Bedroom TV has Fire stick, and Freesat non-recording device.

Kids room only has a blu-ray player, as he doesn't really care.

Also have a NAS drive (non-Plex) to serve out media files to living room and bedroom.

And of course, numerous tablets, phones, laptops etc.
alg27/02/2020 11:08

Main TV in living room has Freesat recorder, blu-ray player, dvd player …Main TV in living room has Freesat recorder, blu-ray player, dvd player (don't ask), and is a Smart TV - so iplayer, Netflix, Prime, STV hub (all of which are also on the blu-ray or freesat box too). TV aerial is bad, so freesat for broadcast telly.Second TV in living room has a PS3, and an Xbox One. Also got a monitor on my PC, with an Xbox One on it too in the same room.Bedroom TV has Fire stick, and Freesat non-recording device. Kids room only has a blu-ray player, as he doesn't really care.Also have a NAS drive (non-Plex) to serve out media files to living room and bedroom.And of course, numerous tablets, phones, laptops etc.

Lol didn’t mention tablet or phone set ups, op never asked. But good call on nas drive I have it installed but very rarely use, tend to just stream now a days. It handy for accessing files when I’m out and about on my phone..
Iptv with an Nvidia shield is what you want. Pm me if you need any info
alg27/02/2020 11:08

Main TV in living room has Freesat recorder, blu-ray player, dvd player …Main TV in living room has Freesat recorder, blu-ray player, dvd player (don't ask), and is a Smart TV - so iplayer, Netflix, Prime, STV hub (all of which are also on the blu-ray or freesat box too). TV aerial is bad, so freesat for broadcast telly.Second TV in living room has a PS3, and an Xbox One. Also got a monitor on my PC, with an Xbox One on it too in the same room.Bedroom TV has Fire stick, and Freesat non-recording device. Kids room only has a blu-ray player, as he doesn't really care.Also have a NAS drive (non-Plex) to serve out media files to living room and bedroom.And of course, numerous tablets, phones, laptops etc.

My TV aerial is bad too buddy

Are you meaning if I get a freesat box that will help fix the likes of bbc1, bbc2, etc with one of them?
sdoherty100027/02/2020 11:47

Iptv with an Nvidia shield is what you want. Pm me if you need any info

Is it possible for you to pm me because I don't know how to? Sorry to be a pain
save-me-money27/02/2020 11:48

My TV aerial is bad too buddyAre you meaning if I get a freesat box that …My TV aerial is bad too buddyAre you meaning if I get a freesat box that will help fix the likes of bbc1, bbc2, etc with one of them?

I don’t even have a tv aerial I use the satellite dish for freesat eg bbc1 and 2 etc. Some tv take a satellite cable and have freesat built in otherwise get a freesat box..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 27th Feb
save-me-money27/02/2020 11:48

My TV aerial is bad too buddyAre you meaning if I get a freesat box that …My TV aerial is bad too buddyAre you meaning if I get a freesat box that will help fix the likes of bbc1, bbc2, etc with one of them?

If you have a satellite dish, yes.

The new boxes were on Amazon briefly this week for the recorders, the non-recorders are there, but both are more expensive than the Humax models were.
This kind of thing? @alg@Bargainhead

Vmade X1 HD Combo DVB-S/S2 DVB-T/T2 Digital Receiver Satellite & Terrestrial, Set Top Digital Box Tuner, Multi TV Program Recoder, Free to Air Analog to Digital Converter amazon.co.uk/dp/…J60
save-me-money27/02/2020 12:14

This kind of thing? @alg @Bargainhead Vmade X1 HD Combo DVB-S/S2 DVB-T/T2 …This kind of thing? @alg @Bargainhead Vmade X1 HD Combo DVB-S/S2 DVB-T/T2 Digital Receiver Satellite & Terrestrial, Set Top Digital Box Tuner, Multi TV Program Recoder, Free to Air Analog to Digital Converter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J6PC4SV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1j7vEbW1SPJ60

That will do the job, but check your tv doesn’t have one built in, there quite common in newer TVs.. what make and model do you have I’ll check for you?
Bargainhead27/02/2020 12:41

That will do the job, but check your tv doesn’t have one built in, there q …That will do the job, but check your tv doesn’t have one built in, there quite common in newer TVs.. what make and model do you have I’ll check for you?

It depends on what you want - we have uk.humaxdigital.com/pro…0s/ which we got 3 years ago, as we (well, my wife) records stuff to watch later. It also gives us a 7 (8?) day EPG for setting recordings, while some of the basic satellite receivers are a now and next thing.
alg27/02/2020 12:50

It depends on what you want - we have …It depends on what you want - we have https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-1100s/ which we got 3 years ago, as we (well, my wife) records stuff to watch later. It also gives us a 7 (8?) day EPG for setting recordings, while some of the basic satellite receivers are a now and next thing.

Yes that’s why I said it would do the job, it will give op freesat. Most TVs now you can just add hard drive and record and they have satellite receivers built in my last 2 did and the new one has, saves on multiple boxes, Or they all have catch up channels on, even do catch through firestick, plus with apps like cinema hd you never need to record again just stream. The recording side of things now a days is very much out of date..
Bargainhead27/02/2020 13:03

Yes that’s why I said it would do the job, it will give op freesat. Most T …Yes that’s why I said it would do the job, it will give op freesat. Most TVs now you can just add hard drive and record and they have satellite receivers built in my last 2 did and the new one has, saves on multiple boxes, Or they all have catch up channels on, even do catch through firestick, plus with apps like cinema hd you never need to record again just stream. The recording side of things now a days is very much out of date..

That's arguable - in my wife's case it records left, right and centre. She would never remember what had been on that she wanted to watch, and then get round to it on catch-up. Our TV has Freesat built in, so tempting to drop the recorder, but my wife wouldn't go for it.

My thing is I occasionally record stuff, but don't get a chance to watch it for 6 months - so by then most stuff has gone from catch up. (For example, Dracula from new year - leaves next week, and Killing Eve, which admittedly still has a while left).
alg27/02/2020 13:23

That's arguable - in my wife's case it records left, right and centre. She …That's arguable - in my wife's case it records left, right and centre. She would never remember what had been on that she wanted to watch, and then get round to it on catch-up. Our TV has Freesat built in, so tempting to drop the recorder, but my wife wouldn't go for it.My thing is I occasionally record stuff, but don't get a chance to watch it for 6 months - so by then most stuff has gone from catch up. (For example, Dracula from new year - leaves next week, and Killing Eve, which admittedly still has a while left).

If your tv has freesat, it will probably record, if you attach an external hard drive or a 128gb usb stick, you could drop freesat box and do everything off one remote... but sounds like your set up works for you..
Bargainhead27/02/2020 15:13

If your tv has freesat, it will probably record, if you attach an external …If your tv has freesat, it will probably record, if you attach an external hard drive or a 128gb usb stick, you could drop freesat box and do everything off one remote... but sounds like your set up works for you..

It does - however, there was something about the TV needing to be on, and as our aerial is not good, it would also limit the ability to watch TV while recording something else. And my wife frequently records multiple things together.
Cheers guys, all ideas and help much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants