How's your Samsung galaxy phone battery?

Found 7th Oct 2017
Just wondering how your Samsung battery is doing?

My S7 has been bit problematic recently but I installed a battery doc app and it said Bluetooth was using 20% battery even though it wasn't turned on!

I have a package disabler app that let's me disable bloat ware also. Since doing both my battery has been brilliant I'm getting 32hr runtime now and like 5hr screen on time.

I'm running 6.0.1 android
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I am getting 7 hours on mine, Bluetooth on tho
I have an old S4 and battery lasts a whole day but I switch to airplane mode before going to bed then charge up when I get up.
S6 edge, I get just under 10hrs from a full charge with medium use (mostly surfing) am considering upgrading to the S8 but the battery capacity is actually smaller and gives less time than the S7 (according to reviews), so not sure what model to choose (or wait for the S9)
Currently have a S4, flashed a custom kernel then custom ROM. Lasts for 2 days.
Edited by: "owerevoke" 8th Oct 2017
HaHa...time to ditch the brand flagships with their stupid incremental screen and CPU upgrades and crappy batteries

Lenovo P2...5100mah battery. I usually get around 3 full days between charges with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on and that includes being used as a Hotspot for my Android car stereo on my 40 min commute :-)
Always been the same with every phone, charge at night. My new Note 8 has around 30% left every day.

Forget the no name brands like the one above, terrible screens/quality/cameras.
i find these start off great but with time they deteriorate very quickly. after two years, you pretty much need a new battery so i just get a new phone instead.

mine is a year old and on constant use, i would get about 3 hours at most.
Original Poster
Man that's bad mutley. I tend to find mine acts really strange at times. Example:

Day 1 use it loads battery lasts ages.
Day 2 exact same use battery is mediocre.
Day 3 use phone minimally and battery is even lower than day 2.

It's like there's no pattern and it's completely random. When you expect it to be great it's not and vice versa.

I have loads of crap disabled to try extend the battery.
mutley14 h, 11 m ago

i find these start off great but with time they deteriorate very quickly. …i find these start off great but with time they deteriorate very quickly. after two years, you pretty much need a new battery so i just get a new phone instead.mine is a year old and on constant use, i would get about 3 hours at most.

So if you were watching a movie or running a satnav with good brightness and volume, your battery would die after 3 hours mutley?
benjammin3164 h, 33 m ago

Always been the same with every phone, charge at night. My new Note 8 has …Always been the same with every phone, charge at night. My new Note 8 has around 30% left every day.Forget the no name brands like the one above, terrible screens/quality/cameras.

Lenovo a no name brand, the company that own Motorola?
shadey1215 m ago

So if you were watching a movie or running a satnav with good brightness …So if you were watching a movie or running a satnav with good brightness and volume, your battery would die after 3 hours mutley?

i have owned the galaxy note, note 3 and note 4, and they all behave the same with the battery. even listening to music, which i pretty much do all day, without the screen on, will kill the phone after 3 hours and it is a relatively new phone.

they all start off with me getting a full day out of the battery, then it deteriorates to 1 hour after 2 years, and so it's time to upgrade and buy another phone.
cecilmcroberts52 m ago

Lenovo a no name brand, the company that own Motorola?

The internet isn’t moderated. Unfortunately ignorant and stupid are allowed in to.
mutley11 h, 17 m ago

i have owned the galaxy note, note 3 and note 4, and they all behave the …i have owned the galaxy note, note 3 and note 4, and they all behave the same with the battery. even listening to music, which i pretty much do all day, without the screen on, will kill the phone after 3 hours and it is a relatively new phone.they all start off with me getting a full day out of the battery, then it deteriorates to 1 hour after 2 years, and so it's time to upgrade and buy another phone.

My last phone goes down about 10% for every hour of intensive use. The one I've just got goes down to about 65-70% after 5 hours sat nav with data on, GPS on, volume full and brightness high.
My S7 Edge started off great, getting me through a whole day but 9 months on I need to top up late afternoon. Thankfully quick charge means it isn't a huge problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions