hozelock pressure sprayer

Posted 10th Apr
was using above to spray monoblock with chlorine solution, was fine for half an hour or so then suddenly lost pressure,

emptied bottle and run fresh water through it and checked each join, all looks fine?

it still pumps but nothing coming out?

any advice, thx in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
The chlorine solution (hypochlorite?) may have damaged the rubber seals on the pump mechanism - so that you are not able to develop a pressure.

Have a look at this - youtube.com/wat…stM - trouble is the service kits cost as much as a cheap pressure sprayer from a Wilko or elsewhere!
got it going again for a wee while then it stopped, narrowed it down to a sticky/faulty trigger, it can be on constantly and the trigger does nothing when squeezed then sometimes it wont come on when squeezed, as you say spare part is £8 new sprayer is £20!
Edited by: "leitchyleck" 10th Apr
leitchyleck10 m ago

got it going again for a wee while then it stopped, narrowed it down to a …got it going again for a wee while then it stopped, narrowed it down to a sticky/faulty trigger, it can be on constantly and the trigger does nothing when squeezed then sometimes it wont come on when squeezed, as you say spare part is £8 new sprayer is £20!

Might be something sticking in the trigger - I'd try back flushing it under a tap if possible. Also give it a gentle tap!

I have had two Hozelock sprayers - one still working - but generally just buy cheaper models now and expect to replace them every couple of years.

I use hypochlorite to clean my patio and use a cheap sprayer for that as even though I wash out thoroughly after every use I only get a few uses before it stops working! Hypochlorite is corrosive stuff to rubber (and some metals).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions