Expired

HP DataPass issues

Found 23rd May 2014
I've recently purchased the HP Slate 7 HD WITH the 250mb of data a month (HP DataPass) I follow the instructions on how to register an account, but once I've filled in all my details and click 'register' just takes me to the instruction page again :\

Anyone else having this problem?
Community Updates
AskHP
13 Comments
I set mine up last night. I filled in the details twice, now when I try to log on it asks me to register again. I press cancel and it takes me to the login (rather than sign up) page. Seems to be working ok now.
Butterbean

I set mine up last night. I filled in the details twice, now when I try … I set mine up last night. I filled in the details twice, now when I try to log on it asks me to register again. I press cancel and it takes me to the login (rather than sign up) page. Seems to be working ok now.

Did you get an email confirming your registration?
Got the DataPass app (Fogg Mobile) registered using that and works first time! Don't see why they don't just say download that to begin with....
Yes. From Fogg Mobile. Have you tried installing the Datapass App (over wifi)?
Butterbean

Yes. From Fogg Mobile. Have you tried installing the Datapass App (over … Yes. From Fogg Mobile. Have you tried installing the Datapass App (over wifi)?

That's what I did, I had no other way of downloading it. But now I've got my 250mb of data
gowingnator

Got the DataPass app (Fogg Mobile) registered using that and works first … Got the DataPass app (Fogg Mobile) registered using that and works first time! Don't see why they don't just say download that to begin with....

Hoping to get the HP myself but wondering
if after you've registered and set it all up would it be possible to use the sim card in another phone to check weather and upload outdoor sports stats to the cloud. Yeah I know the 250mb is not much but it'd be nice to be able to instantly upload while outdoors than wait to get home and use wifi.
Thanks for your response
Butterbean

Yes. From Fogg Mobile. Have you tried installing the Datapass App (over … Yes. From Fogg Mobile. Have you tried installing the Datapass App (over wifi)?

Hoping to get the HP myself but wondering
if after you've registered and set it all up would it be possible to use the sim card in another phone to check weather and upload outdoor sports stats to the cloud. Yeah I know the 250mb is not much but it'd be nice to be able to instantly upload while outdoors than wait to get home and use wifi.
Thanks for your response
darklight

Hoping to get the HP myself but wonderingif after you've registered and … Hoping to get the HP myself but wonderingif after you've registered and set it all up would it be possible to use the sim card in another phone to check weather and upload outdoor sports stats to the cloud. Yeah I know the 250mb is not much but it'd be nice to be able to instantly upload while outdoors than wait to get home and use wifi.Thanks for your response

I was thinking the same thing, I'll try that now and let you know!
darklight

Hoping to get the HP myself but wonderingif after you've registered and … Hoping to get the HP myself but wonderingif after you've registered and set it all up would it be possible to use the sim card in another phone to check weather and upload outdoor sports stats to the cloud. Yeah I know the 250mb is not much but it'd be nice to be able to instantly upload while outdoors than wait to get home and use wifi.Thanks for your response

I tried it in my iPhone 4, nope, no 3G Connection
gowingnator

I tried it in my iPhone 4, nope, no 3G Connection

Hi , thanks for letting me know ,
just wondering
did you actually get any signal bars on the iphone?
..bit of a long shot but it may be APN's incorrect ,
you'd have to use the HPsim network APN's

darklight

Hi , thanks for letting me know , just wondering did you actually get any … Hi , thanks for letting me know , just wondering did you actually get any signal bars on the iphone?..bit of a long shot but it may be APN's incorrect , you'd have to use the HPsim network APN's

Said no service, and no option for mobile network selection.
And now I get 'no sim' when the sim is in :\

tried turning off and on, nothing. just says no service

Any ideas?
Butterbean

I set mine up last night. I filled in the details twice, now when I try … I set mine up last night. I filled in the details twice, now when I try to log on it asks me to register again. I press cancel and it takes me to the login (rather than sign up) page. Seems to be working ok now.

And now I get 'no sim' when the sim is in :\

tried turning off and on, nothing. just says no service

Any ideas?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants