Groups

HP Deskjet F4580 owners; can you print in Black when the Colour cartridge is empty?

I have one of these and want to use it to print in black only but don't want to buy a black cartridge if forced to also buy a colour one.
    Some printers won't print in black if the colour is empty so anyone here know the score with this model?
    I've tried a web search but nothing yet.

4 Comments

If anything like my hp. When it comes to printing select "properties"
    Click the colour tab.
    Options there are
    Print in colour
    Print in greyscale
    From the greyscale option select
    Black/greyscale cartridge only.

Original Poster

Ellie Phant

If anything like my hp. When it comes to printing select "properties". … If anything like my hp. When it comes to printing select "properties". Click the colour tab. Options there are Print in colour. Print in greyscale. From the greyscale option select. Black/greyscale cartridge only.

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of how to select Black only in software but some printers simply won't print in Black only if the Colour cartridge is detected as being empty. A way to force you to buy a colour cartridge even when you don't want or need one. Swines.

Original Poster

So anybody got one of these? They were likely a deal on here 4 years ago or so.

I have one of these and though I'm not 100% I'm sure I've managed to print just black when the colour cartridge has run out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions