Groups

hp fingerprint security

is it possible to use the fingerprint security on power on before windows loads?

i have a hp laptop with built in fingerprint security which i have successfully setup within windows. but no option within hp protect tools to enable fingerprint on boot.

any help appreciated

13 Comments

Im sorry but no, the fingerprint reader requires software to be run on windows.

why specifically would u want this? what are you trying to achieve?

I have a fingerprint scanner but no software. Any pointers appreciated.

dr_adams

I think he wants to give his fingerprint to the authorities for "when" he may get into trouble in the future.

dr_adams

He was once rejected for a job in the secret service.

"funny" people eh... was actually interested if the OP had a specific concern regarding safety, ie does he feel that stopping the boot process before windows would be useful, that kinda of exploration
    i suppose there could have been a joke in there somewhere just a shame neither of you found it..

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/cry/grand/crocodile_tears_cry_gif.gif

well its nice i;m worth that much effort...

On my Thinkpad X61s you can turn that on and off in the bios.

If you can't find it on yours call HP 02079490300 and ask to speak to laptop support.
    Edited by: "SUMMONER" 20th Jun 2011

Original Poster

did that wanted £15.99 just to talk to the techmical support team

frekin madness

sedd33

did that wanted £15.99 just to talk to the techmical support teamfrekin … did that wanted £15.99 just to talk to the techmical support teamfrekin madness

OMG, those [censored].

What is the laptop's model no please?

Original Poster

hp nc2400

sedd33

hp nc2400

Right, try finding the HP ProtectTools Security Manager or download the newest version (for XP or for Vista). Once open click on BIOS and set a password. On the left click security and then enable power-on authentication under Embedded Security.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions