Expired

HP G56-105SA Laptop RRP £439.99 from Currys

8 replies
Found 30th Nov 2010
hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…454

Hi. please could you tell me if this is a decent laptopfor the money, and if not, please can you tell me where to get a better one, thank you very much!!

This handy HP G56-105SA laptop comes with the AMD V Series V140 processor and the 64-bit version of the Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium operating system from Microsoft.

Off to a great start, it comes with 2GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive for all your documents and files, as well as movies and music. Also included is the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4250 graphics processor, delivering impressive performance when watching High Definition video online or playing light games.

The HP G56-105SA features a VGA port for connecting an external monitor, three USB ports, and a 1.2-megapixel webcam. Ethernet LAN connectivity is nicely complemented by built-in Wi-Fi for extra flexibility. And the 15.6-inch widescreen display has a 1366x768 resolution: perfect for showing off your latest holiday pictures to a friend!

A dual-layer DVD drive lets you play your movies, or burn your favourite music to disc. Audio features on the HP G62-b23SA include stereo speakers, a headphone port and a microphone port.

And you can enjoy a bit of freedom as well with the 6-cell lithium-ion battery in this HP G56-105SA so you're sure to have mobile computing for up to 6 hours per charge!

8 Comments

Original Poster

If cold, please can u tell me a better one? and a link? TY

hey, although its really low cost you should have a look at the benchmark speed on the processor is really slow. im assuming its amd's long battery life model but I'm currently using a laptop 6 years old that benchs in as twice the speed of that one!
Anyway, if you're only web browsing, then go for it.... otherwise i would consider waiting until I had an extra £50 for a dual core or £70 for an i3.

Original Poster

and where and what price would i get a better one from?

Original Poster

Thanks, but they are all sold out?????

Personally I use Tekheads who are local to me but they offer Free Delivery on all orders over £99+vat which covers their entire Netbook and Laptop range :-

tekheads.co.uk/d/N…tml

I would tend to agree with jaybear that its worth spending a little extra if you can and personally in the Tekhead range i would go for the Lenovo M41E3UK which is £389.99 after £75 Cashback.

tekheads.co.uk/pro…tml

What about Ebay Argos Clearance outlet, plenty of dual core laptops there for under £300, plus quidco. Admittedly they are listed as refurbs, but plenty of people on here have bought and found the majority to be new or box damaged.

Seriously for £300 you should be looking for a dual core processor laptop for your money, this is not that great a deal.

Hi I just bought the best buy toshiba for £299.
Its 3gb
I thought it was good for the money - a slightly better spec?
K
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983225
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions