Groups
    EXPIRED

HP G7000 Running Windows Vista Basic Internet Problem

Hi everyone,

I have had a Windows update crash on me. My computer had to have Windows Vista reinstalled on my machine.

I have now loaded my laptop up however I cannot get it to connect to the internet. Would anyone know if I need a driver for it to connect or has my wireless internet been switched off on the restart?

Any help is greatly received as I'm still a Vista novice

5 Comments

Did you reinstall windows with a recovery disc or with a completely new install of vista,If you used a recovery disc or recovery partition then the drivers should have installed but if you used a windows disc you may have to install all the drivers ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7999758

Did you reinstall windows with a recovery disc or with a completely new … Did you reinstall windows with a recovery disc or with a completely new install of vista,If you used a recovery disc or recovery partition then the drivers should have installed but if you used a windows disc you may have to install all the drivers ,

When I bought the laptop it came with Vista all ready installed so I borrowed a disc off my friend at work and used my Vista Key which is located under the laptop. On the blank disc my friend at work gave me it does say in his hand writing

: Windows Vista, All Versions 30 Day Trial

pingusbrother;7999788

When I bought the laptop it came with Vista all ready installed so I … When I bought the laptop it came with Vista all ready installed so I borrowed a disc off my friend at work and used my Vista Key which is located under the laptop. On the blank disc my friend at work gave me it does say in his hand writing: Windows Vista, All Versions 30 Day Trial

Thats no problem you are fine using that disc but you will need to install the drivers for your laptop from the HP site ,You will have to search the HP site and download all the drivers for your laptop.

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewf…52&

This is for the G7000 running vista 32bit ,if yours is a different model you will need to search again,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7999897

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=3544352&lang=enThis is for the G7000 running vista 32bit ,if yours is a different model you will need to search again,

OK brilliant!! Thank you very much for helping me out. I'll download the driver now!!!

Thanks once again and rep left :thumbsup:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
    4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions