Expired

HP Instant Ink 4 month trial setup?

Found 26th Mar 2016
I've just got a HP printer with 4 month Instant ink trial. The leaflet in the box said to 'Activate your free 4 month trial during printer setup'
But it didn't give me any opportunity to during the setup
Can anyone help me with this? - has anybody bought a HP printer which came with this 4 month free trial and managed to set it up/activate it successfully ?
Thanks alot
Community Updates
AskHP
21 Comments

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en?jumpID=in_r11549_hpsupport_ii2_consumerinstantink_071014

You should have a code on the leaflet or something.
As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can sign up on the instant ink website. I only got a 30 day free trial
As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can sign up on the instant ink website. I only got a 30 day free trial
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Sign up … Sign up here...https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en?jumpID=in_r11549_hpsupport_ii2_consumerinstantink_071014You should have a code on the leaflet or something.

All it says on the leaflet and in the instructions is "During printer setup, activate HP Instant Ink to start your 4-month FREE trial." But it didn't give me the option to during setup. There isn't a scratch code.
Original Poster
silverjellybean

As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can … As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can sign up on the instant ink website. I only got a 30 day free trial

silverjellybean

As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can … As above you should have a redemption code on the leaflet and you can sign up on the instant ink website. I only got a 30 day free trial

No I didn't have any redemption code. Did yours say it came with 4 months free?
jco83

All it says on the leaflet and in the instructions is "During printer … All it says on the leaflet and in the instructions is "During printer setup, activate HP Instant Ink to start your 4-month FREE trial." But it didn't give me the option to during setup. There isn't a scratch code.

Maybe there's not a code actually... what printer model is it? Have you setup the internet connection on the printer?
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Maybe there's not a code actually... what printer model is it? Have you … Maybe there's not a code actually... what printer model is it? Have you setup the internet connection on the printer?

HP ENVY 4522
Yes it prompted me to go 123.hp.com... on my device which I did then that prompted me to download the app (I was using an Android device) then I think it scanned for the printer and found it, then I put in our wifi password. It's connected but at no stage did I get the option for instant ink setup
Original Poster
miikeyblue

I'd try the sign up process here from a desktop / … I'd try the sign up process here from a desktop / laptop...https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en?jumpID=in_r11549_hpsupport_ii2_consumerinstantink_071014

I don't think I should do that i'm concerned I did something wrong during the setup. There is a support contact number in the instructions so I'll try that again Tuesday (they were closed when I tried earlier). Thanks for your input
jco83

I don't think I should do that i'm concerned I did something wrong during … I don't think I should do that i'm concerned I did something wrong during the setup. There is a support contact number in the instructions so I'll try that again Tuesday (they were closed when I tried earlier). Thanks for your input

Fair enough - probably wouldn't hurt to try, just don't proceed if it tries to charge you! Good luck, keep us posted.
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Fair enough - probably wouldn't hurt to try, just don't proceed if it … Fair enough - probably wouldn't hurt to try, just don't proceed if it tries to charge you! Good luck, keep us posted.

I will keep you posted
silverjellybean

silverjellybean

No it was advertised 30 days free trial the printer prompted me to go to the Ho website to register printer and sign up for instant ink. It was a while ago and can't remember the exact process.
Original Poster
silverjellybean

No it was advertised 30 days free trial the printer prompted me to go to … No it was advertised 30 days free trial the printer prompted me to go to the Ho website to register printer and sign up for instant ink. It was a while ago and can't remember the exact process.

Ah, ok. Thanks
Original Poster
*Update*
All sorted now Turns out I was worrying I'd done something wrong during setup unnecessarily.
I just had to go to the website and choose which monthly plan we wanted (didn't need a key or code) and then because our printer had already connected to their network - it already knew we were due a 4 month free trial
Just found this looking for advice. Mine told me to enter the code printed off during set up to get the free trial.
Original Poster
sellingmysoul666

Just found this looking for advice. Mine told me to enter the code … Just found this looking for advice. Mine told me to enter the code printed off during set up to get the free trial.

Hi Did it print the code for you ?
I set up an account at hpconnected.com, then I clicked the link to get instant ink. The offer is not mentioned in the first page but it was automatically recognised for me later in the wizard, without me typing in any offer codes.
This threw me as well! At no point during setup did it mention the instant ink. When you go to hpconnect.com it takes you to an enrolment screen where you can redeem a code - I was looking for a scratchcard but you JUST NEED TO BYPASS THIS BY SELECTING NO CARD. Provided you are logged in, you will receive the offer associated with the printer. Sorted
Original Poster
campbellcabs

This threw me as well! At no point during setup did it mention the … This threw me as well! At no point during setup did it mention the instant ink. When you go to hpconnect.com it takes you to an enrolment screen where you can redeem a code - I was looking for a scratchcard but you JUST NEED TO BYPASS THIS BY SELECTING NO CARD. Provided you are logged in, you will receive the offer associated with the printer. Sorted

Yes! I was worried I'd done something wrong during the set up and thought I'd have to reset it and start again. lol
miikeyblue

Fair enough - probably wouldn't hurt to try, just don't proceed if it … Fair enough - probably wouldn't hurt to try, just don't proceed if it tries to charge you! Good luck, keep us posted.

Don't sign up it is s big con and costs you a fortune

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants