HP Instant Ink free trial

Posted 1st May
I've recently discovered (through this site) HP Instant Ink and I'm going to buy a cheap HP printer and use the service. Can anyone confirm after the free trial whether you can then go on to the free plan? I've seen that you can't downgrade from another plan to the free plan but don't know if this applies to the free trial. thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
I've just received my hp printer and signed up to it,on my terms it says that it will take me from the free trial to the £1.99 a month plan which if I'm honest suits me fine anyway but it didn't give the option of the free plan.

So unless you can reregister for the free plan I'd say no
Sc4mp001/05/2020 17:30

I've just received my hp printer and signed up to it,on my terms it says …I've just received my hp printer and signed up to it,on my terms it says that it will take me from the free trial to the £1.99 a month plan which if I'm honest suits me fine anyway but it didn't give the option of the free plan.So unless you can reregister for the free plan I'd say no

Ok thank you. I won't be printing more than 35 sheets a month so the free plan works out best for me. Won't bother with the free trial then.
Finish the free trial. De-register the printer (just as you would do if you sold the printer to some random from Farcebook MarkupPlace). Re-register the printer then signup to the perpetual freebie option.
wedgec01/05/2020 17:42

Ok thank you. I won't be printing more than 35 sheets a month so the free …Ok thank you. I won't be printing more than 35 sheets a month so the free plan works out best for me. Won't bother with the free trial then.

Perpetual freebie is max 15ppm prior to additional charges.
You can’t do in online. You have to de register printer or call/live chat HP and they can do it for you.
AndyRoyd01/05/2020 17:43

Perpetual freebie is max 15ppm prior to additional charges.

Sorry I was including the additional sheets after that to take it up to the next band of £1.99 (10 sheets for £1). Should have made that clear.
not all HP printers are eligible for this either. i have one and we were never eligible.
wedgec01/05/2020 17:51

Sorry I was including the additional sheets after that to take it up to …Sorry I was including the additional sheets after that to take it up to the next band of £1.99 (10 sheets for £1). Should have made that clear.

If you print 35pages that's 15 free & 2*10 (2*£1) so better off with the £1.99 50 pages
Sc4mp001/05/2020 17:55

If you print 35pages that's 15 free & 2*10 (2*£1) so better off with the …If you print 35pages that's 15 free & 2*10 (2*£1) so better off with the £1.99 50 pages

Yes but I won't print more than 35 pages, and often will print less. Both are a great deal but I may as well go for the free one.
wedgec01/05/2020 18:02

Yes but I won't print more than 35 pages, and often will print less. Both …Yes but I won't print more than 35 pages, and often will print less. Both are a great deal but I may as well go for the free one.

One thing I'd check ,I'm sure someone will know,is if you buy the pages in bulk of 10 so if you're going to print 26 you'd get charged the extra £2 or not
£1 per extra 10 pages. I've paid that a few times but who cares. Set to Max allowance in the free period and drop back to whichever you want to carry on with before trail ends
Edited by: "wayners" 1st May
Thanks all for your comments. Any suggestion of a printer? Was going to get the envy 5020 for £36 but didn't realise it was out of stock
Sc4mp001/05/2020 18:11

One thing I'd check ,I'm sure someone will know,is if you buy the pages in …One thing I'd check ,I'm sure someone will know,is if you buy the pages in bulk of 10 so if you're going to print 26 you'd get charged the extra £2 or not

Yes, you’d get charged £2, but the 9 spare pages would be rolled over to next month’s allowance making 24, and if only 18 were then used - the remaining 6 pages will be rolled over again etc until they’re all used up.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st May
eBay HP Envy 5020 with 3 months free ink £49.99 via Currys pc world, see if discount code PERCENT20 reduces it by 20%
Toptrumpet01/05/2020 19:37

Yes, you’d get charged £2, but the 9 spare pages would be rolled over to ne …Yes, you’d get charged £2, but the 9 spare pages would be rolled over to next month’s allowance making 24, and if only 18 were then used - the remaining 6 pages will be rolled over again etc until they’re all used up.

That definitely the case because I've just read the TS & C's and it says it's service plan pages that can rollover, obviously on the free package this doesn't happen ?

Rollover Pages. If during any Month Period You do not print all of Your Service Plan Pages, then, subject to the maximum described in the following sentence, the number of unused Service Plan Pages You had for that Month Period will be kept in your account as roll-over pages (“Rollover Pages”) and be available for Your use in subsequent Month Periods. The total number of Service Plan Pages plus Rollover Pages that You have available through the Instant Ink Service in each Month Period may not exceed three times the number of Service Plan Pages to which You are entitled under Your Service Plan. For example, if Your Service Plan entitles You to print fifty (50) pages each month, then You may have a total of up to 100 Rollover Pages in Your Service Account each month; any additional unused pages that You may have that exceed that number would not become Rollover Pages and may not be used by You in subsequent Month Periods. During each of Your Month Periods, Your Service Plan Pages will be exhausted from Your Service Account before Your Rollover Pages are used. Rollover Pages may not be available during certain promotional offers; see applicable terms and conditions for more information.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 1st May
Sc4mp001/05/2020 20:11

That definitely the case because I've just read the TS & C's and it says …That definitely the case because I've just read the TS & C's and it says it's service plan pages that can rollover, obviously on the free package this doesn't happen .Rollover Pages. If during any Month Period You do not print all of Your Service Plan Pages, then, subject to the maximum described in the following sentence, the number of unused Service Plan Pages You had for that Month Period will be kept in your account as roll-over pages (“Rollover Pages”) and be available for Your use in subsequent Month Periods. The total number of Service Plan Pages plus Rollover Pages that You have available through the Instant Ink Service in each Month Period may not exceed three times the number of Service Plan Pages to which You are entitled under Your Service Plan. For example, if Your Service Plan entitles You to print fifty (50) pages each month, then You may have a total of up to 100 Rollover Pages in Your Service Account each month; any additional unused pages that You may have that exceed that number would not become Rollover Pages and may not be used by You in subsequent Month Periods. During each of Your Month Periods, Your Service Plan Pages will be exhausted from Your Service Account before Your Rollover Pages are used. Rollover Pages may not be available during certain promotional offers; see applicable terms and conditions for more information.

Oh, I’ve no idea then. I’ve only ever had the £1.99 package rather than the 15 pages free.
Toptrumpet01/05/2020 20:19

Oh, I’ve no idea then. I’ve only ever had the £1.99 package rather than the …Oh, I’ve no idea then. I’ve only ever had the £1.99 package rather than the 15 pages free.

I've only just got a printer today with the instant ink. Not had a printer for a long time as I hated the cost of them for what I use but do like this service so thought it's time I invested in one again ,4p a print is a price I'm happy to pay.
I’m still using my ink I got with the printer and also received my free ink months ago. What should I do, swop them over?
Yes I'm on the free plan and have been since ownership of the printer for the last 14 months.
Hardly every print but now just print one page a week to keep the cartridge from drying up.
Toptrumpet01/05/2020 19:55

eBay HP Envy 5020 with 3 months free ink £49.99 via Currys pc world, see …eBay HP Envy 5020 with 3 months free ink £49.99 via Currys pc world, see if discount code PERCENT20 reduces it by 20%

It unfortunately doesn't. I'll keep watching though, thanks
Make sure to google for codes to use when registering, can usually get 3-4 months free (on any package).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions