HP Instant Ink - Free Trial then revert to 15 free prints?

Posted 15th Nov 2018
Hi

Just wondering if you can sign up for the free trial (the printer I am looking at has 7 months free) but then revert to the 15 free prints per month after the trial?

As I would like to get the free months but then not have to commit to min of £1.99 per month after that (as what I have read once you commit to a paid plan you cannot go back to the free prints).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
No. T&C states: "...4 Change or cancel your plan at any time online except that you can't downgrade from a paid plan to the free plan since it is an introductory offer only..."
instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en
although you could try to suggest that the higher plan bundled with the printer isn't technically a paid plan, but not clear who you could suggest that interpretation to.
AndyRoyd15/11/2018 12:23

No. T&C states: "...4 Change or cancel your plan at any time online …No. T&C states: "...4 Change or cancel your plan at any time online except that you can't downgrade from a paid plan to the free plan since it is an introductory offer only..."https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/enalthough you could try to suggest that the higher plan bundled with the printer isn't technically a paid plan, but not clear who you could suggest that interpretation to.

Yeah this is what I am confused about and wondered if anyone had actually done this from a trial
mds125615/11/2018 12:30

Yeah this is what I am confused about and wondered if anyone had actually …Yeah this is what I am confused about and wondered if anyone had actually done this from a trial

I suspect that HPs interpretation would be that the trial is a paid plan that is not charged (or is full-cost credited) for the duration of the trial, so by definition of t&c: no option to downgrade to freebie plan from paid plan. That doesn't seem unreasonable.
AndyRoyd9 m ago

I suspect that HPs interpretation would be that the trial is a paid plan …I suspect that HPs interpretation would be that the trial is a paid plan that is not charged (or is full-cost credited) for the duration of the trial, so by definition of t&c: no option to downgrade to freebie plan from paid plan. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Unfortunately that is what I think too.
mds125615/11/2018 12:30

Yeah this is what I am confused about and wondered if anyone had actually …Yeah this is what I am confused about and wondered if anyone had actually done this from a trial

I changed from the trial plan to the 15 free prints a month plan. There's no option to change but after the trial ran out I asked customer services if I could be put on the free plan.

There's no guarantee that you can do the same but their customer support is very helpful.
hat_ok_dear4 m ago

I changed from the trial plan to the 15 free prints a month plan. There's …I changed from the trial plan to the 15 free prints a month plan. There's no option to change but after the trial ran out I asked customer services if I could be put on the free plan.There's no guarantee that you can do the same but their customer support is very helpful.

Thanks for this. I suppose you may have hit on lucky but I guess worth ago.

The printer I am looking at is only £29 after cash back and comes with 7 months free trial, so if after that I cannot get the free package I will just but another printer (cheaper than the cartridges) - since when did printers become single use plastics?
£1.99 a month is to much to pay for some.... I don't know if I should admire or think fgs.. Just pay the tiny amount. Guess I'm not that tight so must try harder like any good ukhd member. Breath in and tighten my belt a bit more... Lol... I just pay the £1.99 pm as its a bargain plus you get rollover.
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Nov 2018
wayners15/11/2018 13:40

£1.99 a month is to much to pay for some.... I don't know if I should …£1.99 a month is to much to pay for some.... I don't know if I should admire or think fgs.. Just pay the tiny amount. Guess I'm not that tight so must try harder like any good ukhd member. Breath in and tighten my belt a bit more... Lol... I just pay the £1.99 pm as its a bargain plus you get rollover.

Another outgoing I don’t need for the maybe 1 print per month I do. Seems like a lot to pay for one bit of paper with ink on it.

for info my current printer that has just broken down after 12 year is an epson and it costs me £3 for a full set of 5x compatible cartridges that last me well over 6 months (most of the ink used was to clean the heads because it stood too long).

but I do take your point for someone that actually uses a printer.
Can you not use the trial, Cancel after 7 months and sign up with a totally new account on the free plan.?
Uridium15/11/2018 14:50

Can you not use the trial, Cancel after 7 months and sign up with a …Can you not use the trial, Cancel after 7 months and sign up with a totally new account on the free plan.?

Not sure if you can re-register the printer
mds125612 h, 3 m ago

Another outgoing I don’t need for the maybe 1 print per month I do...

Clearly don't need the free trial. Just go straight for the freebie 15pages/month option = 14x more than you need.
I just finished my trial and contacted HP via Facebook message and they changed it to the 15 pages plan without a problem. I think the trial doesn’t count as a paid plan but the system doesn’t allow you to change the plan yourself online, HP have to do it. Not sure if I start a paid plan if I could ask them to change me back to the free plan again later.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants