EXPIRED

HP Laptop forgotten password?

So somehow i have completely forgotten my password. Tried everything but seems to have completely gone out my mind. How can i unlock my password for free? I've had a look online, and burned a CD to reset it but didn't get anywhere. Don't really want to reset the whole thing, i have my files, pics etc..

Obviously the last resort is paying for the software, but if there's anything free then id try that first.

Thanks!

7 Comments

What password word are you talking about? Power on bios? Windows? Which version.
Edited by: "Argoj" 9th Dec 2014

If its a bios password you will need to remove the battery inside the lappy ....that will remove the bios p/w....it looks like a watch battery the size of ten pence piece.

Hirens boot cd can remove windows passwords. Saved me a few times when people have locked themselves out of computers. Theres a step by step guide in the link below.

hirensbootcd.org/res…rd/

good luck.

Ophcrack download the iso for your version then use unetbootin to make a bootable usb stick.
Depending on the complexity of the password it can take as little as a minute to find it.

try with a usb keyboard in case your keyboard has been damaged. also try typing your password in the username box so u can see it. the language may have changed on your computer inadvertently

The classic error is having caps lock on!
Don't forget to set a password hint windows.microsoft.com/en-…int
And don't forget to let us all know how you got on and mark best answer / answered!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where can you buy cheap Iphone 7 Plus 128gb from?22
    2. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    4. Iptv33

See more discussions