HP Laptop Help - Faulty after 4 months - what are my rights?

4 replies
Found 22nd Aug 2007
Hi, My HP Pavilion laptop I purchased in April keeps overheating and crashing. I have spoke to HP and they have said they can take it in for repair, but I cant be without my laptop for up to 20 working days!

They then told me to contact comet and its at their discretion to give me a refund or exchange, so I contacted comet, they were really nice and told me to get a RMA (return number thing) off HP and they would be happy to give an exchange.

So contacted HP, who were horrible , who told me they would not give out RMA's, and to stand my ground with comet!

What are my rights? I cant be without the laptop for up to 20 working days (or longer), are there any other options?

5 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone? Please help.

Take it back to comet and explain the situation. If necessary, get the store manager to ring HP.

Original Poster

peteivy

Take it back to comet and explain the situation. If necessary, get the … Take it back to comet and explain the situation. If necessary, get the store manager to ring HP.

So do you think they would give me an exchange or refund? Thanks for your help so far.

Well if HP are being as helpful as a chocolate teapot, Comet "should" be able to sort something out! Worth a shot!

Original Poster

Thanks I will try going to comet. I just want a refund or exchange, Im going to college in two weeks and I need the laptop for my course, cant be without it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769269
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914640
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564106
    4. Add one, leave one game54315403

See more discussions