HP MicroServer - Gen10 Plus

Posted 2nd MarEdited by:"jai47"
Hi All,

Just noticed the new HPE MicroServer specs online, for the Gen10 Plus model:
hpe.com/uk/…tml

With that in mind, are there any price drops on the current (now old ;)) Gen10 Servers?

I like the look and size of the new model but the £950 price tag is a bit much IMO.
Could get a proper server for that price i.e dual CPU slots / more RAM support.

TIA
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
A write up on it here:

servethehome.com/hpe…ew/

The pricing seems a bit out as there's comments saying they've bought the higher Xeon model for $600 which seems more reasonable. I like the new case design and the quad ethernet ports but very disappointed it's not Ryzen based since its high core count and low TDP would be great for an ESX server. I'm wanting to replace an old N36L but it's difficult to find small quad 3.5in hard drive cases.
I didn't know the prices had got so insane, I've still got two N36L's (one with under 5 hours use) and an N40L. Think I paid a max of £130 and a low of £85.
dcx_badass02/03/2020 19:55

I didn't know the prices had got so insane, I've still got two N36L's (one …I didn't know the prices had got so insane, I've still got two N36L's (one with under 5 hours use) and an N40L. Think I paid a max of £130 and a low of £85.

Yeah it’s a joke, after cash back my N54L was about £80... running fine after 8yrs but just fancy a new project.
They're clearly changing the focus to a more enterprise type system but given how successful the original Microserver was you'd think there's still a market for it. I was looking at the Gen10 microserver but it seemed a weak spec for the £400 asking price.

I'd be interested in any alternatives peoples are considering because I'm not seeing much else out there prebuilt. I'm not interested in Qnap or Synology devices as I want more than just a NAS, I've been looking at a Fractal Design Node 304 which is small and offers a decent number of HDD bays:

fractal-design.com/pro…ck/
Johnmcl703/03/2020 14:04

They're clearly changing the focus to a more enterprise type system but …They're clearly changing the focus to a more enterprise type system but given how successful the original Microserver was you'd think there's still a market for it. I was looking at the Gen10 microserver but it seemed a weak spec for the £400 asking price.I'd be interested in any alternatives peoples are considering because I'm not seeing much else out there prebuilt. I'm not interested in Qnap or Synology devices as I want more than just a NAS, I've been looking at a Fractal Design Node 304 which is small and offers a decent number of HDD bays:https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/node/node-304/Black/

Good Question!
You can certainly build your own for £400-600.
For me, I want to install ESXi/VMWare and upgrade my home infrastructure environment.

Would be nice to know what others have setup for that sort of budget.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants