Expired

HP Microserver Power on Schedule

Found 18th Sep 2013
Is there a way to get this to turn on using a schedule? I am using freenas and have got a cron job to turn it off....
Cheers!

4 Comments

avforums.com/for…tml

See post 6. I don't believe there is any other way to make it come on and off on a regular basis. To be honest I never turn mine off as the convenience of it being available at all times more than outweighs the power used over a year. However, I've never seen anyone mention any other way to get the HP to power on like you ask for.

Original Poster

Astec123

http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1633396-hp-n36l-microserver-can-set-auto-started-particular-time-each-day.htmlSee post 6. I don't believe there is any other way to make it come on and off on a regular basis. To be honest I never turn mine off as the convenience of it being available at all times more than outweighs the power used over a year. However, I've never seen anyone mention any other way to get the HP to power on like you ask for.

Thanks. I suspected this may be the only option. WOL would be another but I wish there was an easier way in BIOS.

theshadowman

Thanks. I suspected this may be the only option. WOL would be another but … Thanks. I suspected this may be the only option. WOL would be another but I wish there was an easier way in BIOS.

Sadly nothing I've noticed. There are custom BIOS's that might be worth a look through the feature lists for anything you might be able to adapt to work for you.

I have been using a Raspberry Pi and using Cron job to run a wake on lan on certain days of the week to wake up my WHS MicroServer. Its been working well with no issues at all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants