HP OMEN 880-051na Upgrade advise.

Found 2nd AugEdited by:"AJ92"
Hello all

I would like to sell the rx580 4gb and buy an rx580 8gb as well as an extra 8gb ram but would like to know if the motherboard can handle it and is it just remove the old gpu and click in the new 1 and download drivers (same for ram)??

Sorry but dunno much about upgrading pcs

Thanks for info appreciate it.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I wouldn't bother with it as the benefits will likely be minimal depending on the resolution that you are gaming at. IF you are adamant on selling the RX580 4gb, I'd personally get a GTX 1060 6GB vs. getting another RX580. The 1060 is just an all round better card for the money.
HellRazer6 m ago

I wouldn't bother with it as the benefits will likely be minimal depending …I wouldn't bother with it as the benefits will likely be minimal depending on the resolution that you are gaming at. IF you are adamant on selling the RX580 4gb, I'd personally get a GTX 1060 6GB vs. getting another RX580. The 1060 is just an all round better card for the money.

Gonna consider that as i do kinda prefer nvidia. So i would only have to uninstall the drivers remove the old card and download the new gpu drivers and click new gpu in place?
Edited by: "AJ92" 2nd Aug
AJ9229 m ago

Gonna consider that as i do kinda prefer nvidia. So i would only have to …Gonna consider that as i do kinda prefer nvidia. So i would only have to uninstall the drivers remove the old card and download the new gpu drivers and click new gpu in place?

Yes, simple as that. If you're already using a RX580 then you'll have the necessary power connectors for the new GPU as well.
Nah, the GTX 1060 doesn't have VRR support (at a sensible price) which is a far bigger downside than the minor differences in performnance.

Although I agree there's no a lot of point from changing between cards with identical (or similar) GPUs, the extra memory isn't likely to make enough different to be worth the cost.
As it only uses one 8gb stick of ram you can simply just add one more, should help out when cpu bound.
The GPU upgrade is not worth the effort or cost. The 1060 doesn't have Freesync!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants