Groups

HP or Toshiba?

Hey, I was wondering which laptop has the better spec. I'm not the most technically savvy person around so I was hoping some of you guys would help me out?

18 Comments

Both pretty much the same. The Compaq has a slightly faster processor and a hard drive double the size of the Toshiba though.

TOSHIBA
    Intel Celeron processor.
    2.16GHz processor speed.
    2GB DDR2 RAM.
    15.6in screen size.
    160GB SATA hard drive.
    Intel GMA 4500M graphics
    802.11 b/g/n wireless enabled.
    Weight 2.9kg.

--
    COMPAQ
    Intel® Celeron® Processor 900
    2.2 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB -- slightly faster

2 GB DDR2 (2 x 1024 MB) -- same amount of RAM

250 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm -- twice as large as the Toshiba
    Graphics
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M, up to 797 MB total available graphics memory -- same as Toshiba
    Wireless technologies
    802.11 b/g/n -- same as Toshiba
    Product weight
    2.68 kg -- Slightly lighter

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8515745

Get the tosh, likely to be far more reliable

I was going to get the HP based on what oldmanhouse said. But now you've gone and confused me lol. Any reason for why the toshiba would be more reliable? :thinking:

Steal both, problem solved :thumbsup:

transit;8515784

Steal both, problem solved :thumbsup:

typical manc ...... ;-)

Original Poster

So my options are.

1) Get the faster one with bigger memory
    2) Get the reliable one
    3) steal both

I think I'll go with option 1 lol

King of Thieves;8515806

So my options are.1) Get the faster one with bigger memory2) Get the … So my options are.1) Get the faster one with bigger memory2) Get the reliable one3) steal bothI think I'll go with option 1 lol

So youre not really the King Of Thieves, typical :roll:

i had constant over heating problems with my HP my bro owns a toshiba and has no problem with it at all

oldmanhouse;8515722

Both pretty much the same. The Compaq has a slightly faster processor and … Both pretty much the same. The Compaq has a slightly faster processor and a hard drive double the size of the Toshiba though.TOSHIBAIntel Celeron processor. 2.16GHz processor speed.2GB DDR2 RAM.15.6in screen size.160GB SATA hard drive.Intel GMA 4500M graphics802.11 b/g/n wireless enabled. Weight 2.9kg.--COMPAQ Intel® Celeron® Processor 9002.2 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB -- slightly faster 2 GB DDR2 (2 x 1024 MB) -- same amount of RAM250 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm -- twice as large as the ToshibaGraphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M, up to 797 MB total available graphics memory -- same as ToshibaWireless technologies 802.11 b/g/n -- same as ToshibaProduct weight2.68 kg -- Slightly lighter

160GB x 2 = 250GB

Which school did you go to?

Also remember you can always update the harddrive.
    And the processor is only just slightly faster.

dont rely on oldmans judgement,he thinks 250GB is twice the size of 160GB:-D (joke)

If you dont need the bigger hard drive i would buy the tosh but thats just a personal preference.

Original Poster

transit;8515827

So youre not really the King Of Thieves, typical :roll:

That was back in 2008. Over the past 2 years I've learnt to see the error of my ways and I am now on a path of redemption and enlightenment.

Original Poster

ilovelilac;8515829

i had constant over heating problems with my HP my bro owns a toshiba and … i had constant over heating problems with my HP my bro owns a toshiba and has no problem with it at all

whatsThePoint;8515831

Toshiba have always been 1 of the top 3 for reliablity as far as i'm … Toshiba have always been 1 of the top 3 for reliablity as far as i'm awarebut if you do a search you'll get charts like thishttp://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,iid=242801,00.asp

quizmaniac;8515853

dont rely on oldmans judgement,he thinks 250GB is twice the size of … dont rely on oldmans judgement,he thinks 250GB is twice the size of 160GB:-D (joke)If you dont need the bigger hard drive i would buy the tosh but thats just a personal preference.

So the Toshiba is the safer bet. I don't need a big harddrive, would the difference in speed account for anything. It'll only be used for general use; internet, microsoft office, solitaire?

whatsThePoint;8515831

Toshiba have always been 1 of the top 3 for reliablity as far as i'm … Toshiba have always been 1 of the top 3 for reliablity as far as i'm awarebut if you do a search you'll get charts like thishttp://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,iid=242801,00.asp

HP lower than ACER... No way is that chart reliable.

To OP. I have used HP and Toshiba and in my experience the HP is far more reliable. :thumbsup:

Met-Cast;8515842

160GB x 2 = 250GBWhich school did you go to?

:oops:

imo, go for the HP.

my £600 HP laptop died after 14 months, and HP wanted £300 to fix it, so will not buy another HP..

I personally have only used Vaio's however my brother has had pretty much that toshiba for a year or so and no problems whatsoever, also its a bit cheaper.

I've had 2 HP laptops and both have died within a couple of years, I would not recommend them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2850
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8968
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24103
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?24106

See more discussions