Groups

hp pavilion dv6000

have this laptop want to reboot but dont know how any one got one or know how this is done
    cheers

8 Comments

I think you press F5 or F6 during start up but not sure which F????

reboot? press n hold the power button.. if u mean reinstall windows press F11 during start up and go to recovery mode

Do you mean do a reinstall of software from the recovery partition - that's a big difference to reboot.
    Reboot is just power it down, switch off for a few seconds and boot up again.

Recovery is likely to be pressing something like F1 or F12 at restart, or you may have a process from the menu possibly in a HP folder.

Original Poster

i mean start from scratch

Original Poster

have a hp disk but dnt no wot to do with it

]Link with instructions.

You can also call HP support on 020 7949 0300 (ask to be put through to laptop support), they will take you step by step through the basics of reinstalling Windows.

Not being rude, but if you are really a beginner you are better off with someone helping you. If you manage to do a reinstall either from Cd or recovery partition you will lose any data you have stored, all your settings and probably internet access. You may not be sure how to set it up again.

Original Poster

its all gone everything is wipe clean now thinkin weather its worth sellin on here
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764497
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846269
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2644
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …66114

See more discussions