Hp printer

Found 20th Jan
I have an hp officejet, 1.5 yrs old with 3 yrs warranty. once used the setup cartridge, I used compatible cartridges. they were fine until I went away not using the printer for 1 month. the colour cartridge stopped working, I have been printing b&w. recently I got a set of original cartridges and wanting to start printing colours, but the magenta still blocked, the other 2 were good straight away. I have cleaned the cartridges 3 times for multiple times, check alignment, resit the magenta, reboot the printer, nothing work. what can I do? if I call hp would they void my warranty because I had used compatible before?
[image]
2880471-uGsFJ.jpgthank you
Community Updates
15 Comments
Probably. And you’ll find it’s probably some ink from the compatible cartridge has leaked and then dried and blocked the nozzle.
With most Hp printers it’s cheaper to buy a new printer in the sale than buy inks
Isn't the print head on the cartridge, it is on my HP printer.
Original Poster
This printer costs £100+ but these new cartridges are given to me for free, it would a waste if not using them. If it was blocked nozzle, what is the safest and effective way to clean? There are so many methods on internet but don't know which works.
Warranty void as you used fake cartridges.
And they will know if you send it back . As it’s saves the info on the printer some how .
yozzman123436 m ago

Warranty void as you used fake cartridges. And they will know if you send …Warranty void as you used fake cartridges. And they will know if you send it back . As it’s saves the info on the printer some how .

Unless you take the battery out for the printer memory, but they will know it’s been taken apart.
cmdr_elito34 m ago

Unless you take the battery out for the printer memory, but they will know …Unless you take the battery out for the printer memory, but they will know it’s been taken apart.

A home-based printer with integral battery? Kewl.
HP do not test the printers which are returned. They find it cheaper to arrange a straight swap with a refurbished unit. Contact HP they will not make a fuss over use of compatible ink as they cannot prove that the compatible inks causes the problem.
Original Poster
pricesavvy20th Jan

HP do not test the printers which are returned. They find it cheaper to …HP do not test the printers which are returned. They find it cheaper to arrange a straight swap with a refurbished unit. Contact HP they will not make a fuss over use of compatible ink as they cannot prove that the compatible inks causes the problem.

Thank you pricesavvy, this is good news. Should I even tell them that I had used compatible inks at all, or should I say it has been genuine cartridges all the times?
HotDealAlert1 h, 2 m ago

Thank you pricesavvy, this is good news. Should I even tell them that I …Thank you pricesavvy, this is good news. Should I even tell them that I had used compatible inks at all, or should I say it has been genuine cartridges all the times?

All you need to tell them is that it’s not printing, you have replaced with another set of inks and it’s still not printing. If you also tell them that you have gone through procedures of cleaning ink and checking the alignment they will arrange collection of the faulty unit and delivery you a replacement.

You will need to box up the faulty printer. They will send you a email with a label which you attach to the box. UPS will collect from you and usually a day or 2 later your replacement will arrive
Original Poster
pricesavvy11 m ago

All you need to tell them is that it’s not printing, you have replaced w …All you need to tell them is that it’s not printing, you have replaced with another set of inks and it’s still not printing. If you also tell them that you have gone through procedures of cleaning ink and checking the alignment they will arrange collection of the faulty unit and delivery you a replacement. You will need to box up the faulty printer. They will send you a email with a label which you attach to the box. UPS will collect from you and usually a day or 2 later your replacement will arrive

thank you, i will call them on monday - so definitely not telling them about the compatibles then
HotDealAlert12 m ago

thank you, i will call them on monday - so definitely not telling them …thank you, i will call them on monday - so definitely not telling them about the compatibles then

Make sure you don’t pack the inks or cables as they only send back bare unit only. They will tell you this over the phone anyway.
Original Poster
pricesavvy14 m ago

Make sure you don’t pack the inks or cables as they only send back bare u …Make sure you don’t pack the inks or cables as they only send back bare unit only. They will tell you this over the phone anyway.

i thought the cartridges would be dried out if taken out from the printerhead? Some years ago I tried to place sellotapes over the nozzles and matters of days, they became unusable. What should I do keep them in condition? (sorry for this as this has gone out of the topic, but if you don't mind teaching me. Thanks)
For a few days leaving the inks exposed to air should be fine. I normally put inks into an envelope til the printer arrives. Never had any problems.
HotDealAlert1 h, 23 m ago

i thought the cartridges would be dried out if taken out from the …i thought the cartridges would be dried out if taken out from the printerhead? Some years ago I tried to place sellotapes over the nozzles and matters of days, they became unusable. What should I do keep them in condition? (sorry for this as this has gone out of the topic, but if you don't mind teaching me. Thanks)

Wrap in cling film and put them in a freezer bag.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions