Groups

HP Printer 840; ERROR Help

My printer seems to be on the blink, but thought I'd ask here first before binning it!

Its a HP 840c, and everytime I turn PC on it wants to print one sheet out a litle crap on the top. At the mo, the organe "paper feed" button is flashing and will continue to do so unless I turn PC/Printer Off.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the acutal driver and thought it had worked, but after a little while it reverts back to the error?

Any ideas? - Dont wanna have to format PC but will as a last resort.

7 Comments

If you open the lid on the printer does the arm with the print cartridges move to the left OK?

Also on the pc go to control panel-> printers -> printer and delete anything in the print queue.

Original Poster

Lorian;4651641

If you open the lid on the printer does the arm with the print cartridges … If you open the lid on the printer does the arm with the print cartridges move to the left OK?Also on the pc go to control panel-> printers -> printer and delete anything in the print queue.

yea, and nothing in Q ... never has been!

Does it do that when you turn it on and it is not connected to a computer?

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4652166

Does it do that when you turn it on and it is not connected to a computer?

not sure? what would it mean if it was?

Disco;4659483

not sure? what would it mean if it was?

If the fault occurs even when the printer is not connected to a computer, than it is the printer that is faulty.
    If it only happens while the printer is hooked up to the computer it may just be a software fault.

840C is GDI printer, all major data processing is done by the driver software on the computer. A bit like a controller-less software modem, if you understand what I mean.

I got rid of my 840C ~ 5years ago, don't you think it is about time to invest in a shiny new printer?

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4659629

If the fault occurs even when the printer is not connected to a computer, … If the fault occurs even when the printer is not connected to a computer, than it is the printer that is faulty.If it only happens while the printer is hooked up to the computer it may just be a software fault.840C is GDI printer, all major data processing is done by the driver software on the computer. A bit like a software modem, if you understand what I mean.I got rid of my 840C ~ 5years ago, don't you think it is about time to invest in a shiny new printer?

its Mums, only use it for letters and stuff, - maybe one a month, so not worth it mate

Plug it into another computer and try it a few times.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie44
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers58
      3. love affairs23
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197

See more discussions