Groups

HP Printer problem

I installed a new ink cartridge (non genuine) which worked a few times before an error came up. The company i bought if from sent another one out free of charge which i fitted and it again worked once or twice then the same error came up.

Now my question is.. do i pay out for another cartridge or get a genuine one or get a new printer?
    I tried a bit of googling and read that non genuine inks can cause printer to pack up but ive been using them forever!
    Thanks

8 Comments

Do you want to maybe tell us what the error said, or shall we just guess?

Original Poster

Just says there is a problem with your ink cartridge - doesnt help much does it?

I have a brand new cartridge and my HP printer says check cartridge, what the hellis there to check, its barnd new and is a genuine HP cartridge. I have taken it put it back , repeated it many times and still nothing. It all went wrong whilst printing a photograph.

Original Poster

Same here - take it out - install again and nothing! Seems to only be my colour cartridge but i still cant print in black cos as soon as i plug printer in the error message comes up and i cant do anything.

Funnily enough I was just talking about this with my boss cos we're having the same problem with a printer at work. Apparently he's had the same problem in the past, and it was due to it being a generic cartridge and not an actual HP one. So in summary I'd get an HP cartridge...

Original Poster

I dont want to buy an original cartridge if the damage has already been done and still wont work so may look into buying a new one then.

Which ones if any are good on ink cartridges these days?

Gadget Show last night did a feature on this - Kodak ESP 3250 came out best at £60 because the price of ink was half that of the others

Original Poster

Great thanks, will take a look at that one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…22
      2. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556

See more discussions