Groups

HP Touchsmart PC

Anyone here have a HP Touchsmart PC? Any views? Am thinking of getting one for the family. Have tried one in PC World and the kids seemed to get to grips fairly quickly, even my 5 year old Autistic son. Just wondered if anyone else had any views on them before I make the plunge?

4 Comments

Not a big fan. Have played with a 20" demo model and was not impressed enough by the screen, to shell out money on it.

Make sure that the model you buy is up to the job, graphics card is good enough, decent hard drive, 3GB of Ram etc, as later upgrades will be expensive or even impossible.

If you buy one of these do get the extended warranty. These all in one PCs are very expensive to repair, if something does go wrong with them.

Original Poster

Cheers for the reply. Have gone for the mid range one. 22" monitor, 4gb ram, Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6500, 256mb graphics card. Is only going to be used for everyday things such as web access, kids games and homework so doesnt have to be a top spec thing, just something handy and easy to use.

Hutchie;6697864

Cheers for the reply. Have gone for the mid range one. 22" monitor, 4gb … Cheers for the reply. Have gone for the mid range one. 22" monitor, 4gb ram, Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6500, 256mb graphics card. Is only going to be used for everyday things such as web access, kids games and homework so doesnt have to be a top spec thing, just something handy and easy to use.

That's the IQ540? I think it will do fine as a general purpose machine, assuming you don't want the kids to play 3D mass murdering games all day long.

Original Poster

Yes thats the one. More of a toy maybe for my MP3s and media maybe, but I wasnt telling the wife that, lol!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value25
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1954
      3. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1318
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1128

See more discussions