HP vista disc ....... problem

17 replies
Found 22nd Jan 2009
ok im building a pc for a member here ....... and got a set of (copied ) vista discs given to me to use to install vista .....

anyways i boot up the cd and its a HP install disc with the vista files on it ....... if i click the vista file to install, i need a validation code

is that the windows license key # or a # from the HP pc ??

17 Comments

so your trying to install a copy
i dont think you can use HP instal disc's on anything apart from a HP, as they have the drivers built in for a HP machine, as for a code you dont have to put one in just skip it, you can get a validation file of the net which will validate your version of windows, but you do need to know what you are doing or your system will be kinda bricked

Original Poster

hey! it doesn't bother me what im installing :lol:

its his pc ...... i have left him a message to sort something out ...... but i want an aswer to the above

the validation needed is the windows key or a hp key ??

should be a windows key, but when you instal vista you can skip it

Original Poster

i can select windows vista option but im asked for a validation key ....... cannot bypass this at all

get a better copy, im gonna pm you my email ok

the validation key needed is the Vista validation key, it has nothing to do with HP.

Original Poster

Simon_G;4153570

the validation key needed is the Vista validation key, it has nothing to … the validation key needed is the Vista validation key, it has nothing to do with HP.

ah ok ...... but with retail copies you can install then enter key later but i can't bypass this one :thinking:

also i don't have a windows key .......... but im sure i was told the old pc has now been scrapped

bet ya can guess who sold the parts to the member :lol: (long time members may know)

just sent you my email, contact me and i can help, not the sort of thing to discuss here

Original Poster

anyone used the HP restore discs ? its asking for a validation key (i tried a key found on the net) and got an invalid message :thinking:

I'm sure that with the wedge of Quidco cash you got it shouldn't be a problem buying a Vista dvd?

Original Poster

im not paying for a disc :lol: its not even my pc either i find a way to get this to work or costs the pc owners another £100 for a vista license

Your trying to install a Bootleg copy of Vista basically , i did the same with a dell install disc its nothing to do with the fact its a hp disc you need an activation code or your need a copy that been fully cracked already. My mum bought a new laptop and i tried to use her discs to install on one of my machines but it only allowed me access for 30 days before it expired giving me very limited access. If your copy is from a legal machine thats no longer in use then you can use their code, I would suggest finding a torrent for a copy to install

I know how you can get it validated for free (Genuine Microsoft)!
But i'm not gonna tell you how!

bargain surfer;4153980

I know how you can get it validated for free (Genuine Microsoft)!But i'm … I know how you can get it validated for free (Genuine Microsoft)!But i'm not gonna tell you how!

go to here for a file to validate

[url]www.cracks.am/[/url]

Original Poster

bargain surfer;4153980

I know how you can get it validated for free (Genuine Microsoft)!But i'm … I know how you can get it validated for free (Genuine Microsoft)!But i'm not gonna tell you how!

don't tell me .......... its called ringing MS saying you replaced the mobo

faevilangel;4154087

don't tell me .......... its called ringing MS saying you replaced the … don't tell me .......... its called ringing MS saying you replaced the mobo

No.
And No Cracks involved either

it could be asking for the bios part of the approved oem installer. its not used for the retail or oem version unless the oem is someone like dell or hp etc. its normally inserted by the bios of a compatible mobo
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hi all does anyone have an idea for n what a good price for a sun room / ex…11
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge22
    3. Headphones for Ps4?11
    4. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1019

See more discussions