HP - worldwide voluntary safety recall on Laptops / Batteries

Editor 8
Found 5th Jan
HP have issued a recall on over 50,000 laptops, and that's just the numbers for US and Canada. These models are a potential battery overheating risk due to an internal battery issue and not one that users can easily change.

HP released a Bios update that contains a "battery safety mode" Which HP urge you to download.

We're not sure how many laptops in other countries are affected, but to be safe, you can use the HP Battery validation tool which you'll find Here

Which will help you identify if you have one of the affected models

If you need to update your BIOS, then there is more info on there just HERE

2871742.jpg

"Batteries affected by this program were shipped with specific HP Probook 64x (G2 and G3), HP ProBook 65x (G2 and G3), HP x360 310 G2, HP ENVY m6, HP Pavilion x360, HP 11 notebook computers and HP ZBook (17 G3, 17 G4, and Studio G3) mobile workstations sold worldwide from December 2015 through December 2017. They were also sold as accessories or provided as replacements through HP or an authorized HP Service Provider.

Many of these batteries are internal to the system, which means they are not customer replaceable. HP is providing battery replacement services by an authorized technician at no cost. HP is also providing a BIOS update that places the battery in "Battery Safety Mode" so that the notebook or workstation can be safely used without the battery by connecting to an HP power adaptor. Batteries affected by this recall should immediately be put into "Battery Safety Mode".

Source HERE

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Thanks for the info, we’ve bought a few ZBooks at work in the last few months

I've just bought a pavillion. Thankfully not affected.

Thanks will check ours later.

We have bought a pavilion how do u know if it’s affected please

These are corporate models , not consumer models , so majority of people are fine

Phew just sold my laptop 2 weeks ago

Clicked on Sauce HERE
left disappointed.

32999838-h4ubX.jpg
Edited by: "Wongy110" 5th Jan

Thanks for the info - mine is OK
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants