Groups

Hpi check

I need to do an Hpi check can anyone recommend a site to do the check, its £19.99 on the official HPI site. if I use a cheaper one is it the same as the official one?
    need to do the check asap so any quick replies SOOOOO much appreciated, rep will be added, thanks xx

10 Comments

Supermod

[url]www.usedcarexpert.co.uk[/url]

It is under data check and £3.99!

I so just posted this myself and got no replies. I went with Experian, as I may get £6 back through quidco. Looks like there are different types, £19.99 is the fullest, cheaper - less info.

Original Poster

Thank you so much -
    is it just the same as an HPI check? or does it limit some information?

Supermod

carol123;7572909

Thank you so much - is it just the same as an HPI check? or does it limit … Thank you so much - is it just the same as an HPI check? or does it limit some information?

Exactly the same!!

Supermod

Penny Saver;7572903

I so just posted this myself and got no replies. I went with Experian, … I so just posted this myself and got no replies. I went with Experian, as I may get £6 back through quidco. Looks like there are different types, £19.99 is the fullest, cheaper - less info.

Experian do HPI checks?!?

Original Poster

also on that site the £3.95 is only up to £5000 is that the value of the car or the value of any outstanding credit if it had any? The car is valued over £5000 so would i need to go for the gold check which is £9.,95 and allows up to £10k?? so confused about this !

Original Poster

the 2nd site is actually the same check and prices, so if anyone could advise wether id be checking classic or gold id most appreciate thanks x

Original Poster

also i can get a vehicle status report on ebay for £6.99 - is this the same? its powered by hpi

The £5000/£10000 sums are what you are insured for if you make a purchase based on their report and it turns out to be false. So if you need more cover, get the dearer one. Personally I just paid the £19.99 on Autocheck/Experian and got the peace of mind I was after, and they insure up to £30k. I don't think I'd have the same peace of mind just paying £3.95, any more than I would just taking the dealer's word for it. Some sites just give you the details you can get for free from the DVLA, like license info, car registration details, etc. The one I bought gave me EVERYTHING, plate changes, owners, tracked mileage, colour changes, police reports, insurance claims, the works. Now I KNOW I got a good deal on the car!

It's also worth noting this down too - ]stolen log books.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1943
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313800
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…22
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2526

See more discussions