HR employment law?

Found 14th Jun
Hi

If you are accused by a Member of public of calling them something you did not and it is your word against theirs. Can you be disciplined or fired? There are no witnesses?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Where did this happen, and why is it related to HR employment law? Did you call them what they are alleging you called them? What happened from your perspective?

Need more details I'm afraid.
Edited by: "weekender" 14th Jun
You shouldn't be disciplined if it's a one off. If a history or pattern appears then yes they can take action against you.
Employment law states it has to have 51% probability to result in disciplinary action
Thanks
STRICKIBHOY1 h, 51 m ago

You shouldn't be disciplined if it's a one off. If a history or pattern …You shouldn't be disciplined if it's a one off. If a history or pattern appears then yes they can take action against you.

Thanks
redadmiral13 m ago

Thanks Thanks

what did you call them?
More details pls... intriguing!
Remember if the work decides to go down the discipline route without a witness for a first time incident, take a union rep with you. Any rep worth their salt should have any action taken against you, dropped.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 14th Jun
How long have you been at the company OP?, within the first two years they could get rid of you for any reason they like.

But would need some more context to advise any further, one thing to note, the HR dept is there to protect the company and not the staff, I discovered that when I was accused of racism during a recruitment process and the Union rep can be a good idea, but IME I have found that most reps couldn't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag.
I know more than the union rep I bought in once reminds me I need to cancel
Unions are waste of time and money. We have one person at work who pays into a union and if they have a problem it’s I’m calling the union lol, the company doesn’t recognise unions so absolute waste of mo
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 15th Jun
STRICKIBHOY14th Jun

You shouldn't be disciplined if it's a one off. If a history or pattern …You shouldn't be disciplined if it's a one off. If a history or pattern appears then yes they can take action against you.

Not so.
Depends on far more detail that the op hasn't given us.
mas991 h, 57 m ago

Not so. Depends on far more detail that the op hasn't given us.

I said you shouldn't be disciplined, not that you can't be disciplined, there is a difference. It is all down to the detail that is omitted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions