Groups

HSBC coin converter

I've just filled my penny box - can barely lift it its so heavy!!

do HSBC still have those machines that convert coins into notes for free? dont want to have to use the one in Asda that takes a percentage

13 Comments

ive never seen one in there

dont know ,but tesco do if thats any good to you

Let me know too if HSBC does it for free !!! My local Sainsburys has a coin converter and it CHARGES 7.8p per £1.00 it converts !!! worth it ??

jcaho7;3216026

Let me know too if HSBC does it for free !!! My local Sainsburys has a … Let me know too if HSBC does it for free !!! My local Sainsburys has a coin converter and it CHARGES 7.8p per £1.00 it converts !!! worth it ??

7.8p doesn't SOUND too bad, but when I took my daughter's money box it came to £120 so they took about a tenner!

HSBC do have these machines! Doesn't take a 'cut' as it's a bank. All money goes directly into your account (presuming you have one with them).

yea my local business HSBC has one and where the missus is a hairdresser her tips always go in there once a month and its in the account by the end of the day

Original Poster

will have to check before i go with the money then cos i dont wana lug that around cos it weighs a ton!!!

they shouldnt charge you anything to change one form of english currency to another form of english currency!!!!

just count them and bag them up. Then pay them into your bank for free.

in london (not sure if its uk wide) most banks will only allow 5 bags @ a time and my local abbey will only allow coins to be deposited @ certain times as well

h_360;3216695

Original Poster

h_360;3216695

would take ages - its quite a sum

The charges do go to charity tho,

I have used coin machine at HSBC. It doesn't charge any fees. I have also tried bagging my coins too, lets just say other customers were not happy while the staff had to weigh each bag to make sure there were enough as claimed.

Dub1;3216738

in london (not sure if its uk wide) most banks will only allow 5 bags @ a … in london (not sure if its uk wide) most banks will only allow 5 bags @ a time and my local abbey will only allow coins to be deposited @ certain times as well

Yep, I can confirm that..... what a load of bolllocks it is....you cant pay your own money into your own account.!!...in these troubled times you'd think the banks would welcome a few coppers with open arms
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3361213
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…89
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1523
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions