Groups

HTC Desire HD Owners thread / Impressions

Thought I'd just start one of these for the HD version too :-)

Anyone else pre-order it? I ordered via Mobilephonesdirect and is due out for delivery on the 6th. Really looking forward to it!

Will add reviews once they start cropping up but for now we can use this to discuss the most anticipated phone on the market!

14 Comments

looking forward to the rom getting properly ported so i can stick it on my hd2.

it's really had a new lease of life since i installed android on it.

im looking forward to this phone, either going to get the desire hd or the blackberry torch. looking forward to having a play with the desire hd next month!

does anyone actually have any experience with Mobilephonesdirect? ive never heard of em before til i saw this deal. dont want to order from a site that will turn out to be a scam!

Original Poster

jat_r

does anyone actually have any experience with Mobilephonesdirect? ive … does anyone actually have any experience with Mobilephonesdirect? ive never heard of em before til i saw this deal. dont want to order from a site that will turn out to be a scam!

I go back a long way with them! Have bought 3 phones in the last 6 years from them and they have always been first class!

Remember to use TopCashBack for £30 cashback mate.

Toybhoy

I go back a long way with them! Have bought 3 phones in the last 6 years … I go back a long way with them! Have bought 3 phones in the last 6 years from them and they have always been first class!Remember to use TopCashBack for £30 cashback mate.

sounds good mate, which contract did you take out? im thinking of the o2, 40quid a month on 18 month contract and then downgrading to 35quid half way through

Original Poster

sounds good mate, which contract did you take out? im thinking of the o2, … sounds good mate, which contract did you take out? im thinking of the o2, 40quid a month on 18 month contract and then downgrading to 35quid half way through

I took out the T-Mobile £35 per month + £19 on a 18 Month contract. £30 cashback

Gives me 600 mins, Unlimited Text and Unlimited Internet.

Original Poster

Just noticed that the O2 deal gave you the same mins, texts and internet for £5 more than the T-Mobile deal. Any reason why you would want to pay more for O2?

T-Mob and Orange are combining their mast together so might be better for signal in the near future.

Toybhoy

Just noticed that the O2 deal gave you the same mins, texts and internet … Just noticed that the O2 deal gave you the same mins, texts and internet for £5 more than the T-Mobile deal. Any reason why you would want to pay more for O2?T-Mob and Orange are combining their mast together so might be better for signal in the near future.

girlfriend is on o2 and gets unlimited calls to other o2 numbers, so in the long run itll save me running my bill up into the hundreds!

cant wait for the Hd as well, currently have a Desire....but HD it it!

Anyone got this yet?

dcx_badass

I thoguht it was delayed till the end of the month now? My dad's waiting … I thoguht it was delayed till the end of the month now? My dad's waiting to find a decent O2 deal for it.

Over on XDA developers site, Some people have got there as far back as last week friday... Some got theirs in a phones 4 U shop etc.

Original Poster

Loving my new HTC Desire HD!

Even more so now that I managed to get T-Mobile to change my FUP to 3GB and to uncapped speed rather than their Walk n Walk plan that's capped at 350kb/s!

How's everyone finding theirs? It really is a quality handset!!

Just got mine today. Has anyone found a nice case for it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2470
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767383
      3. 5am gym crew20132
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions