HTC Desire info and warrenty info wanted

Found 11th Nov 2010
Im looking to buy a HTC Desire and i have found one locally but i wanted to know about the warrenty do i need to confim anything so if anything goes wrong with it i dont have any problems sending it back to HTC to be dealt with???

Also the person selling it has told me its a contract upgrade phone but they are happy with their old phone.

Is there anything too look out for and to check???

Thanx

4 Comments

HTC have a 2 year warranty, but I believe that they require a proof of purchase. If it's an upgrade there won't be one ?

Also (unless you know the person selling) a lot of phone are being sold and then a few days/weeks later being reported lost or stolen so the person can get another one. The phone then gets blacklisted and its game over.
I'm getting 2 or 3 calls a week from people who've been caught like this...
Edited by: "steve1221" 12th Nov 2010

Original Poster

steve1221

HTC have a 2 year warranty, but I believe that they require a proof of … HTC have a 2 year warranty, but I believe that they require a proof of purchase. If it's an upgrade there won't be one ?Also (unless you know the person selling) a lot of phone are being sold and then a few days/weeks later being reported lost or stolen so the person can get another one. The phone than gets blacklisted and then its game over. I'm getting 2 or 3 calls a week from people who've been caught like this...

But if i get the persons address etc it should be ok shoudnt it?

zedf

But if i get the persons address etc it should be ok shoudnt it?

For the warranty? I would think not. HTC won't have access to the networks database of customers so they'd have no way to check it.

For the possible blacklisting ? How are you going to make sure it's the correct address?
I'm not telling you that there will be a problem, just that there a lot of it about. On Ebay and newspaper small adds, forums (AVF have just closed their mobile phone sales forum because there were so many scammers using it. I know 2 people that lost 300 quid each buying HTC's off there that never turned up).

All you can do is be as careful as you can. . .

Original Poster

steve1221

For the warranty? I would think not. HTC won't have access to the … For the warranty? I would think not. HTC won't have access to the networks database of customers so they'd have no way to check it.For the possible blacklisting ? How are you going to make sure it's the correct address?I'm not telling you that there will be a problem, just that there a lot of it about. On Ebay and newspaper small adds, forums (AVF have just closed their mobile phone sales forum because there were so many scammers using it. I know 2 people that lost 300 quid each buying HTC's off there that never turned up).All you can do is be as careful as you can. . .

Thanx for all the info i have decided to give it a miss.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3283
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769408
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807

See more discussions