HTC Desire O2 (for those that bought outright)

8 replies
Found 21st Oct 2010
A few months back I bought the HTC Desire outright from O2. I have inserted a T-Mobile sim in it and can see that it works with that. So I assume it is not network locked. I would like to use my phone in the US but with a local sim from the states. Would this work? Has anyone tried it?

8 Comments

it will work if its a gsm network, most networks are.

Edited by: "lilraul" 21st Oct 2010

It should do, but you'll have to enter the setting for the network for things like internet, mms, ect and change the text message centre number to be able to send them.

You can get payg sims in drug stores and I think (but its been a while) that the info is on the back of the sim package ?

Original Poster

steve1221

It should do, but you'll have to enter the setting for the network for … It should do, but you'll have to enter the setting for the network for things like internet, mms, ect and change the text message centre number to be able to send them.You can get payg sims in drug stores and I think (but its been a while) that the info is on the back of the sim package ?

Yes good point about the settings.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I will try to update you on whether it works or not.

the sim card has the sms centre number stored.

Original Poster

Actually, the plan is to use a blackberry sim card which should contain a sim which my company has a business contract for. Main thing I would like to use out there is google maps / internet.

Original Poster

Well it works but I don't have the settings to put into my phone.... think I may make my way down to a local T-Mobile store and get them to set me up.

Original Poster

Ok found it on the internet and it seems to be working on edge so far... weak signal you see. I am on T-Mobile US, so in case this can help someone else. Here is the settings I entered:

Name: Whatever you want to call itAPN: epc.tmobile.comThe rests are blank … Name: Whatever you want to call itAPN: epc.tmobile.comThe rests are blank (not set) until you get to MMSC.MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapencMMS proxy & port are MCC: 310MNC: 260APN type:

Original Poster

Just FYI, the HTC Desire will only work on Edge in the US.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?66
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1217
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3473
    4. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…66

See more discussions