Groups

HTC Desire S Or HTC Desire HD ?

Hi all,

About to renew my contract and wanting to know what peoples experiences with either of the two above phones are, i quite fancy the HD but then im swayed by the operating system of the S

Useful input would be great and no im not going to just get an iphone

10 Comments

I'd edge towards the HD personally I think... But then I'd wait for the Sensation to be honest, or maybe look at the Galaxy S2 but I think I decided against that...

both run on android 2.3 ?

i'd go HD

well desire s has android 2.3 where the hd has 2.2
    the screen is about .5 inches bigger and it is noticable ( you should try one in a shop for a test as you might think its too big)
    the hd is 34g heavier
    desire s has a front facing camera
    desire s has 5 megapixel camera, hd is 8
    desire s has bigger battery capacity

Edited by: "garbage456" 24th May 2011

garbage456

well desire s has android 2.3 where the hd has 2.2the screen is about .5 … well desire s has android 2.3 where the hd has 2.2the screen is about .5 inches bigger and it is noticable ( you should try one in a shop for a test as you might think its too big)the hd is 34g heavierdesire s has a front facing cameradesire s has 5 megapixel camera, hd is 8desire s has bigger battery capacity

The HD is upgradable to 2.3 - it was released last week

I'd wait for the sensation. In fact that is what I am doing

I currently have a HTC Desire HD which was upgraded to v2.3 yesterday. and i must its an absolute wonderful phone, when i first got it, it was a bit hard to sink in the size of the phone but it is slim so it is really fits in your pocket without you noticing its there. There has been no lag since i have had it and the screen resolution is so clear especially the 720p video you can record or watch on youtube. I upgraded from a HTC Wildfire to the HTC Desire HD and i dont regret one bit doing so. Oh yeah and the gaming is amazing the graphics are just wow i have games such as, NOVA and Shadow Guardian, Asphalt 6 PES 2011 and so one and there is no lag in the games with even the high graphic output these games have. Oh yeah and you can play online just as you would with a ps3, xbox 306 or pc which is a nice feature that the games have and HTC Desire HD does brilliantly quietly or whatever their slogan is when you turn the phone on lol.

All in all i would recommed, but is quickly going to get out dated as it has a 1ghtz processor and the new phones are coming out with dual core 1.2ghtz which more powerful but you cant beat the screen resolution.

sancho1983

I'd wait for the sensation. In fact that is what I am doing

Phones 4 u have it already in store.

05jamhad

Phones 4 u have it already in store.

Am waiting for T-mobile to have it, and offer me some sort of upgrade package

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys, im thinking im going with the HD now, and straight away put the gingerbread in it, although depends when the sensation comes out ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      2. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118

See more discussions